Author Topic: BBS RAs and Tyres  (Read 6336 times)

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2010, 18:06 »
Pics of some 14" wheels with 185/60/14 tyres on a small bumper mk2. Not RAs, but hopefully gives you an idea. Tyres are Pirelli P5000 Dragos






Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
« Reply #11 on: 26 August 2010, 19:21 »
Thanks for the replies.. life would be a lot easier if my RAs were 15in! I think I've now found what Im after, 185/60/14 Dunlop SP Sports 01s, nice looking tyre that should compliment my newly refurbed RAs, and £200ish for a set of 4 seems pretty OK, I'll order tomorrow, and should get by next Tues...
Thom

Offline dadrathers

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 385
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
« Reply #12 on: 17 September 2010, 21:01 »
Hi Thom - good choice. I am running the same tyres on my R14 steelies. Good all-rounder. I have always liked Dunlop SP - ever since I fitted a set to my Ford Anglia back in 1977!!!!!

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
« Reply #13 on: 17 September 2010, 22:43 »
What Tyres do you have fitted to your RAs... Tyre size should be 185 60 14 as oe, but I'm interested to know what you guys have fitted, and pics if poss... I'm looking at Uniroyal rainexperts atm, anyone else got them?
Thom

I ordered some for my mum's Peugeot (14") as I run RainSport II's on my Golf - so went on faith the Uniroyal brand would all be good. I haven't had a decent chance to mess with the car as its tracking is totally out - so it wouldn't be a fair judgement.

The sidewalls are a little soft (but its usually expected on 185/60's), tread is decent and deep and they are a fair price.

When I've had a chance to mess about with the car, I'll report back (even if its too late).

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
« Reply #14 on: 17 September 2010, 23:37 »
In the end I got Dunlop SP Fast response 185/60/14..... was going to get Dunlop SP 01's but my trusted tyre man said that they had been out of production for some time, would be old stock, and possibly difficult to find another in the future should one get damaged..
Thom

Offline dadrathers

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 385
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
« Reply #15 on: 18 September 2010, 10:02 »
That's a useful insider line about the SP 01s - according to my research the Fast Response are better all round than the SP 01s but more expensive per mile.

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
« Reply #16 on: 18 September 2010, 14:40 »
That's a useful insider line about the SP 01s - according to my research the Fast Response are better all round than the SP 01s but more expensive per mile.

Yeah, totally happy with the Dunlops, look great too..
Thom