GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
BBS RAs and Tyres
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: BBS RAs and Tyres (Read 6326 times)
Thom89
Forum addict
Posts: 4,092
Looking for an "Icebreaker"
BBS RAs and Tyres
«
on:
26 August 2010, 13:44 »
What Tyres do you have fitted to your RAs... Tyre size should be 185 60 14 as oe, but I'm interested to know what you guys have fitted, and pics if poss... I'm looking at Uniroyal rainexperts atm, anyone else got them?
Thom
Logged
rob.043
Here all the time
Posts: 496
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #1 on:
26 August 2010, 14:43 »
ive got 15'' RA's. I did have 195 50's on a set previously. But im hoping to get my 195 45 15 yokohama s-drives on the current wheels over the weekend. Thay came off a 7' wide set of ATS cup's that I sold, but im hoping they will go on the narrower RA rim, as i dont want to buy new ones!
Logged
Mew
I live here
Posts: 3,589
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #2 on:
26 August 2010, 16:37 »
How are you going to be driving it? I bought a set of Yokohama A Drives for my gf's 206 the other week and i've been pleasantly surprised by them in both the wet and dry. £107 delivered for 4 175/65/14s, I seem to remember the 185/60/14s being about £2 per tyre more.
Logged
X4MGS
I live here
Posts: 3,564
VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #3 on:
26 August 2010, 16:58 »
I've just fitted some Toyo Proxes to my BBS RM's, I did want to get some Kuhmo's as I have them on my Audi and my RA's but they are hard to get hold of - So my local tyre place tells me...
Size all 195-50-15
HTH
Logged
High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here
Or
My Ebay Store!
JimR
GTI forum regular
Posts: 231
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #4 on:
26 August 2010, 17:01 »
195/50/15 - Toyo T1R proxes.
Logged
Mk2 GTi.
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #5 on:
26 August 2010, 17:03 »
I have Perilli p's 6000, 195 50 15 cost £217 delivered find them good in wet and dry
Logged
the_stink
Forum addict
Posts: 4,308
A3 140 TDI
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #6 on:
26 August 2010, 17:31 »
Ive just ordered a set of 4 Toyo T1R's for my refurb'd RA's 195/50/15 Horney told me about Camskill good price on there
cant wait to get these on
«
Last Edit: 26 August 2010, 17:34 by the_stink
»
Logged
MKiv 1.8T >MkIV R32 >Mkii 16v > Audi A3
http://www.tonavaleting.com
www.flickr.com/photos/stink_photography
X4MGS
I live here
Posts: 3,564
VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #7 on:
26 August 2010, 17:43 »
You can get Toyo's on ebay for £116.50 for 4... Brand new som firm in macclesfield I think...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/195-50-15-TOYO-PROXES-T1R-FOUR-TYRES-1955015-/170522088232?pt=UK_Cars_Tyres_RL
«
Last Edit: 26 August 2010, 17:47 by X4MGS
»
Logged
High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here
Or
My Ebay Store!
dubber36
Forum addict
Posts: 5,536
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #8 on:
26 August 2010, 17:54 »
185-55-15's on mine as thats what the car had from new.
Golfs with 14" wheels had 185-60-14's
Logged
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.
JC
10k hero
Posts: 13,393
Back in the North.
Re: BBS RAs and Tyres
«
Reply #9 on:
26 August 2010, 18:00 »
i ran Rainsports IIs
Cant fault them, wet or dry,
as for wear, couldnt say, dont seem to keep a set of wheels long enough
had P6000s on our lasses 1.2 easytronic corsa - fookign awful in the wet - even managed to spin them up
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
BBS RAs and Tyres