Author Topic: mfa help i no b4 you say it  (Read 2943 times)

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
mfa help i no b4 you say it
« on: 24 August 2010, 21:35 »
my mfa is driving me mad it scrambles every day :angry: so i reset and it will go again a minute later

b4 you say it ive tried searching and cant find a reason why

please help :cry:

.....the project.........

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2010, 21:50 »
Sounds like you dash unit is on its way out or you have a loose connection... Take your Drivers side undertry out and reach up and make sure the plugs are all the way in...

If you have a dash mounted Hazard there should be two plugs, if its a stalk mounted hazard there should be one...

If they are all ok, then you may need to find a new set on the bay...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2010, 22:31 »
had the clocks out twice checked everything so need new clocks


do they not have a earth :huh:

.....the project.........

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2010, 22:38 »
Think the earth will be in the plug or plugs...

I think its the thin plastic circuit film that gives up the ghost and I dont think they can be fixed...

Mine packed up after being repainted and the battery went flat... Only differance was my Rev counter failed too..

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline dannydubs

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
  • mk2 gti,mk3 wagon,mk5gti
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2010, 22:41 »
revs playing up aswell

.....the project.........

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2010, 22:49 »
There's a small earth strap going from the back right corner of the cam cover up to the coil. When my clocks were playing up i replaced that strap and cleaned up the connections and that sorted it.

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2010, 07:39 »
Got a selection of mfa stalks if u need one, had numerous problems with mine :undecided: but not like what u have so sorry I can't advise u.

Good luck

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2010, 08:36 »
should be an earth for the clocks to the side of the head somewhere, white/brown wire
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline leeroy20vt

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,951
  • h reg mk2 gti
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2010, 08:42 »
should be an earth for the clocks to the side of the head somewhere, white/brown wire

would that be the same for a abf ?

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: mfa help i no b4 you say it
« Reply #9 on: 25 August 2010, 09:53 »
depends how you wired it in, but yeah it should have 2 brown/white wires to side of head, 1 for dash/mfa t'other for some engine sensors
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.