Author Topic: What size wheels  (Read 2592 times)

Offline Pearce69

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 121
Re: What size wheels
« Reply #10 on: 25 August 2010, 16:48 »
Cheers 4 the repyls, I take it 15" is the way to go. With 7j do I need spacers? I'm lowering it 40mm I noticed the other day that my rear wheels (pirreli p's) seem to be in line with my rear struts, do u think they will hit? I'm not sure what et they are? It's the same wheels as on the mk1

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: What size wheels
« Reply #11 on: 25 August 2010, 17:12 »
Spacer requirement will Depend on the Alloy Offset NOT the Alloy Width....

You Could fit 9's if the offset was right... Have a play with that link I sent you!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: What size wheels
« Reply #12 on: 26 August 2010, 14:43 »
As long as its ET35 or less, it''ll be fine as in not hitting the suspension strut. Anything higher, you may have a problem, but if it's lower, you'll be fine. Find out what offset they are before you lower it, as you may have some trouble with arch rubbing. Mine rubs on a ET24 with a full car, and it's lowered 30-40mm

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: What size wheels
« Reply #13 on: 26 August 2010, 14:58 »
You defo need some coillies it frees up a bit of space  :wink: