Had a right shocker trying to change the fuel pump on my valver.
Managed to snap the hard fuel line that goes from the pump to the accumalator on both my old one and my replacement!
Anybody know where i can get a new one?
Not feeling the love for my mk2 at the moment 
unfamiliar with the 16v setup but could you not sleeve a piece of rubber fuel hose over the snapped section of hard pipe, and clamp each end down with fuel hose clips?
Not a chance, its almost 5bar of pressure on a metal pipe that would just crush under sufficient pressure from a clamp

I did the same thing when I very first got the Golf, I just picked up a new fuel pump and housing off ebay and didn't bother messing with the metal pipes again.
I would almost certainly imagine its a dealer only part (if they still do it!). 16v and 8v k-jet housing and assembly is the same.