Author Topic: Car garage/gazebo  (Read 5756 times)

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Car garage/gazebo
« on: 24 August 2010, 18:18 »
Hi there

I am looking for decent quality gazebo / car prep  cover, the one's with side panels etc as I have no garage and am wanting to keep the valver out of the winter weather. Has anyone ever bought one and advise best place/price to get one from, really needs to fixable into  the drive and obviously stable so it don't collapse onto my car :rolleyes: sorry I can't think of the word to describe exactly what I need but I think you get my idea


S

Offline Carnie

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 76
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2010, 20:11 »
I know exactly what you mean as my mate just bought one,think their called race tents or rally tents,found this place that do them.

http://www.dancover.co.uk/racing-tents-pit-tents.htm


Ill ask my mate where he got his as he said he only paid £40 and its 10 ft by 20 ft,sure it was ebay or amazon.

Offline jeremybarker

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2010, 20:23 »
I've been looking for a temporary garage as i don't have one either.

I came across the Dubhut which looks extremely well put together and if i can fit it on the drive i'll be getting one soon. HTH

www.protech-shelters.co.uk/vw/

Golf size works out at £500 inc the v & t



Making up for lost time

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #3 on: 25 August 2010, 07:36 »
Thanks for those  2 ideas. :smiley:

Offline dadrathers

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 385
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #4 on: 25 August 2010, 12:48 »
If you just want to keep it clean and keep the worst of weather off, you could just get a decent cover. I have been using one from the people below for several years. Five minutes to put on and take off, breathable, does not sctratch and about £250 when I bought mine. Actually tailored made to fit - they need to know things like "is it the big bumper model".

http://www.specialisedcarcovers.com/

Just an idea.

P.S. You have to wash the car first though. So if it is your daily then it is non-starter
« Last Edit: 25 August 2010, 12:53 by dadrathers »

Offline Gloves88

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 609
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #5 on: 25 August 2010, 13:46 »
Ill ask my mate where he got his as he said he only paid £40 and its 10 ft by 20 ft,sure it was ebay or amazon.

If you could find out where he got one at that price that would be amazing!

Im after just a (super) cheap shelter for when I'm working on the car and it decides to piss it down

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #6 on: 25 August 2010, 17:14 »
I use an Argos gazebo to keep me dry, as long as it doesn't rain sideways!

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2010, 18:59 »
It is more for me to work under really, getting fed up of cleaning it all for it to get rained on within minutes, u know with this great summer we are having :cry:

Offline jeremybarker

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 361
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #8 on: 25 August 2010, 20:00 »
I feel your pain, i polished my car for the first time on Monday and it's been getting drenched since Tuesday, the rains already busted our gazebo.

I'm also looking into making my own car wooden car port, 4 posts set into the ground,frame and low pitched roof as i think it'll be far cheaper and be more weather resistant than some of the others.

Making up for lost time

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: Car garage/gazebo
« Reply #9 on: 26 August 2010, 14:41 »
I was thinking of doing that, but my car's in a private car park, so I gotta watch not to go into next door's space lol. Luckily mine's an end space, so I can use the pavement a bit