Author Topic: im converted !! i think  (Read 4387 times)

Offline stealth_gti

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 170
im converted !! i think
« on: 18 August 2010, 19:27 »
Alright lads, hows things??

Quick introduction im Scott im normally on the mk4 section.

iv decided i want to go old school  :evil:

So i have a mk4 golf 1.8t agu around 200bhp,


but after playing with my friends mk 2 iv decided sod it drop my engine in a mk 2  :laugh:

im pretty sure a few of u have done it so any tips lol

where am i going to get stuck! im quite handy with a spanner and a large hammer.



     cheers scott


2** Bhp, 2** Lb/ft , R-Tech map, FMIC, Forge CL007P, Powerflow Cat-back, 18" Tsw pace, Eibach -40mm springs, Pipercross induction kit, vr6 Clutch g60 flywheel

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #1 on: 18 August 2010, 19:30 »
There is a MK2 with this engine listed on the S2 Forum...

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46435

Not connected to seller!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline stealth_gti

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 170
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #2 on: 18 August 2010, 19:34 »
cheers mate but id rather do it myself, a bit of a challenge and all that.

2** Bhp, 2** Lb/ft , R-Tech map, FMIC, Forge CL007P, Powerflow Cat-back, 18" Tsw pace, Eibach -40mm springs, Pipercross induction kit, vr6 Clutch g60 flywheel

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #3 on: 18 August 2010, 19:39 »
It gives you something to look at and maybe the seller can help with tips etc...

Just trying to help!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline stealth_gti

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 170
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #4 on: 18 August 2010, 19:47 »
ahh ok ill have a proper read then all i saw befor was the price lol!!

2** Bhp, 2** Lb/ft , R-Tech map, FMIC, Forge CL007P, Powerflow Cat-back, 18" Tsw pace, Eibach -40mm springs, Pipercross induction kit, vr6 Clutch g60 flywheel

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #5 on: 18 August 2010, 19:48 »
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how often our heaps fail :D

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #6 on: 18 August 2010, 19:56 »
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how much character our cars have :D


edited for you  :wink:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2010, 20:12 »
Mine Don't Breakdown... Now I've touched that nerve I guess it will..  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #8 on: 19 August 2010, 12:57 »
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how much character our cars have :D


edited for you  :wink:

Sorry, I must have typo'ed :D But I must say, I do get bored of the character rusting, falling off or just failing.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: im converted !! i think
« Reply #9 on: 19 August 2010, 13:26 »
Have a read through Stinks old posts before starting ... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?action=profile;u=17028;sa=showPosts - should be an eye-opener!

Or jump into the MK2 dub section (or click my sig link), then you'll see how much character our cars have :D


edited for you  :wink:

Sorry, I must have typo'ed :D But I must say, I do get bored of the character rusting, falling off or just failing.

the only things that brake on mine are the conversion parts  :lipsrsealed:


I don't think a semi will give the same results