Author Topic: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement  (Read 2986 times)

Offline JasonPD

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
« on: 14 August 2010, 13:07 »
Hi, on the journey home from picking up my 3dr 16v (Devon to Edinburgh) - I hit a massive puddle which made the most horrendous noise and as I looked into the rear view mirror I saw a peice of plastic fly off into the bush  :cry:.

It turns out I've ripped off the LH side skirt but the arch trims are still intact.  Where is the best place to purchase a replacement part?  Will I get a VAG one or will it be a pattern part or do I have to find a breakers?  I'd prefer a new item if possible.

Cheers  :smiley:

Offline Reasty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,070
  • Alpine white valver.
Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
« Reply #1 on: 14 August 2010, 13:12 »
Big boys toys/vw heritage sell them,I'd have a look under the car to make sure there no damage to the sill aswell.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
« Reply #2 on: 14 August 2010, 13:43 »
I got one from the stealers for mine... I also got new fixings etc & it was a Perfect fit...

The price wasn't that bad either when you consider how dear some parts are...

Think it was about £70.00 all in....


High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
« Reply #3 on: 14 August 2010, 16:03 »
parts are still available from the dealers, even if you get a second hand side skirt you'll still need new clips (5 per side skirt) and a retaining strip.

dead easy to fit, its all self-adhesive  :laugh:


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline JasonPD

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 36
Re: Mk2 GTI 90s spec side skirt repacement
« Reply #4 on: 14 August 2010, 18:05 »
Grand, cheers for the advice guys, I'll give them a call on Monday  :smiley: