Author Topic: I thought i would share with you all my little find  (Read 1965 times)

Offline bodga

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 339
  • F reg GTI 16v
I thought i would share with you all my little find
« on: 13 August 2010, 23:17 »
Whilst lying by a pool in majorca tryin to catch the rays i happened to notice a tidy mk2  :cool:



Not one for sitting about doin f**k all i went down to have a closer look.






I had a look underneath, f**k me! it was spotless :shocked: like it had come out the factory. only thing it needed was a bit of linseed oil on the bumpers :cool: and have my name on the log book LOL it made my day :cool: It suprised me it didnt have A/C. nice eh?

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2010, 23:32 »
Not bad at all :cool:
:)

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2010, 23:33 »
Few personal touches I wouldn't have, but looks rather nice. Are they Wolfsberg alloys? Looks like the 'berg logo on the centrecaps but haven't seen those alloys before. Nice find :) and hope ya enjoying the sun ya b*stard  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2010, 23:37 »
Nice find

Offline bodga

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 339
  • F reg GTI 16v
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2010, 23:50 »
LOL, im home now :sad: i liked the alloys, looked cool. I saw a 5 door version one of the nites in town as well, couldnt get my camera out quick enough (too much sangria) :laugh:

ive just noticed thou its had a new wing on the passenger side, plastic arch is missing :huh:


I cant help it. werever i go im on the look out for old golf's. :grin:

Offline OakeyDoak16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,063
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2010, 01:40 »
Did you "tamper" with the arial in between taking pic number 2 and pic number3??  :smiley:

Offline Mitching

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 488
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2010, 09:10 »
Nice!
When I was in Tunisia a few weeks ago there were loads of MK2 gtds, mk1 golfs and mk1 and mk2 polos, but they were all filthy and covered in dents :(

Offline tony_ack

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 757
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2010, 09:26 »
I saw quite a few in Spain when we were there last year. Because the climate is a lot drier, they don't rust or rot anywhere near as fast as they do in the damp UK.

In some parts of the UK a MK2 will spend more days wet or damp than it does completely dry, so a car making it to its 20th birthday is something of an achievement!
1992 VW Golf MK2 GTI
1995 VW Corrado VR6

Offline bodga

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 339
  • F reg GTI 16v
Re: I thought i would share with you all my little find
« Reply #8 on: 14 August 2010, 20:11 »
Did you "tamper" with the arial in between taking pic number 2 and pic number3??  :smiley:


I cant explain that one :shocked: camera playing tricks :huh:



I saw quite a few in Spain when we were there last year. Because the climate is a lot drier, they don't rust or rot anywhere near as fast as they do in the damp UK.

In some parts of the UK a MK2 will spend more days wet or damp than it does completely dry, so a car making it to its 20th birthday is something of an achievement!

Quite true, the underside of that one was unbelevable, rear axle was still with its origional paint. mine is origional rust LOL