Author Topic: Quick 16v Alternator Question, bit urgent  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Quick 16v Alternator Question, bit urgent
« on: 12 August 2010, 00:20 »
Does anyone know if part no BOSCH 0 986 034 220 14V 55A will fit a 16v KR?

Needing a new alternator as mine is cracked. Fook knows how it happened but it did.

Need to let the guy know ASAP so any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Only info I found relating to part no is below but doesn't specify 8v or 16v.

7714 14V-70A  0 986 034 220     14V-55A     AUDI Coupe (1.8 Ltr.), 80 (1.6/1.8 Ltr.), VW Caddy/Golf/Jetta/Passat/Scirocco (1.3-1.8 Ltr.)

Cheers


You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Reasty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,070
  • Alpine white valver.
Re: Quick 16v Alternator Question, bit urgent
« Reply #1 on: 12 August 2010, 08:34 »
The Bosch part number for a 16v (1990) alternator is 026 903 017AX 65AMP. Try www.volkswagenspares.com
« Last Edit: 12 August 2010, 08:38 by Reasty »

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Quick 16v Alternator Question, bit urgent
« Reply #2 on: 12 August 2010, 15:41 »
The Bosch part number for a 16v (1990) alternator is 026 903 017AX 65AMP. Try www.volkswagenspares.com

Cheers, I thought it was a bit small @ 55amp, just it was local, cheap and I don't have my car to double check.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline Reasty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,070
  • Alpine white valver.
Re: Quick 16v Alternator Question, bit urgent
« Reply #3 on: 12 August 2010, 15:47 »
No worrys neo,how's she running now?

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: Quick 16v Alternator Question, bit urgent
« Reply #4 on: 12 August 2010, 16:08 »
No worrys neo,how's she running now?

Runs fine, just doesn't stop at the mo' :grin: Brakes need attention. So new full lines throughout, inc the flexi lines.

In for fairly major surgery in the next week or two. New sill, 4x wings, fuel filler, tailgate and passenger door and a respray OEM colour.

So plenty still to do. ABF swap has been postponed until October due to the body rot.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.