GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
Author
Topic: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk..... (Read 2421 times)
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
on:
10 August 2010, 20:55 »
Hi there
Has anyone got a picture or even a part number for the indicator stalk on a mk2 16v gti on a H plate, i have replaced the mfa stalk but since changing that my wipers and windscreen wash are on constant, all i am thinking is the new mfa stalk is not compatable with the current indicator stalk, is that possible or am i talking
?
Any help would really be great as i have been at this 2/3 months and ive had enough now
Thanks
Logged
Agreeable Slick
Global Moderator
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,066
Unit
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #1 on:
10 August 2010, 21:04 »
Sounds like a dodgy contact when you have put them back on.
I would say whip them off again and see if you need to re-align the contacts.
Logged
I made this : ->
https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=30416.0
X4MGS
I live here
Posts: 3,564
VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #2 on:
10 August 2010, 21:43 »
ETKA only lists one part number for a 91 model....
Part no 535953519A - colour code 01c
NLA From 12-2009 price £60.00...
You still having this issue... MENTAL...
Worth Try Stephens VW spares on ebay and get another MFA stalk...
I will have a spare washer stalk later this weekend as I picked up a BRAND NEW one on ebay over the weekend and will be fitting that so if you wanna pop round this weekend we could have a look at it together - Whilst mine in bits too...
Logged
High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here
Or
My Ebay Store!
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #3 on:
11 August 2010, 19:59 »
I have had this stalk on and off more times than i can remember, the strange thing is if you pull the wiper stalk slightly back the wipers do stop, as soon as you let it go off go the wipers on constant... really really annoying during showers having to pull up to stick the fuse back in so i can see where i am driving
Logged
X4MGS
I live here
Posts: 3,564
VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #4 on:
11 August 2010, 21:23 »
The offer is still open... Up to you...
Logged
High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here
Or
My Ebay Store!
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #5 on:
12 August 2010, 18:13 »
Sorry mate, I didn't read all the reply fully, It would be great to meet up and try and fix the issue, what day was you planning changing your stalk??? Thanks for the kind offer of help.
Logged
X4MGS
I live here
Posts: 3,564
VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #6 on:
12 August 2010, 23:20 »
Sat or Sunday (Afternoon - Don't do Mornings..... @ the weekend!!) not got anything planned at the Mo...
Drop me a PM and I'll let you have my details and we can get together and sort it out...
Ken
Logged
High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here
Or
My Ebay Store!
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #7 on:
15 August 2010, 18:31 »
The best news this year to date,
:grin:wiper stalk replaced with one from Leeds festival today and all my wiper and screenwash problems have disappeared, really am really really please this is sorted, thanks to all especially to X4MGS for his offer of help
thank you
Logged
X4MGS
I live here
Posts: 3,564
VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #8 on:
15 August 2010, 18:41 »
Russ,
You could have let me know - Been hanging about waiting to do mine until you came round!!!
Glad you got it sorted...
Logged
High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here
Or
My Ebay Store!
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....
«
Reply #9 on:
15 August 2010, 19:24 »
Oh sh** so sorry mate, didn't think to let you know, really sorry mate hope u get it on while it's stll dry and light.
Sorry again mate
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
2
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
help please...MFA stalk and indicator stalk.....