Wow - M90?

?
'Tis a big old beast mostly used on 3.5 litre plus production engines, plus really quite a porker I think. Actually I wonder if it would even fit??
M45's were fitted to Mini Cooper and Mercedes of 1.8 to 2.3 litre I think. (not good on my Merc knowledge) The M64, (my choice) is a lot rarer than the M45 and was used mostly in the UK by Mercedes on I guess 2.8 to 3.2 litre engines.
Beware when sourcing one though as I ended up with a Merc Kompressor from a higher capacity engine and it turned out to be an M45(!!!!!) which I had to resell. Merc were very canny at sticking a Kompressor badge on a car, and totally underspeccing and gearing it so it only ran puff at low revs ( to help a multi valve engine have torque to pull a heavy car away) then at mid revs an actuator would disengage the charger and bypass the inlet. total token bollocks of a set up if you ask me. The drive wheels for the one I saw I think was 230mm (!!!!) this meant it got spinning up quickly at low crank pulley revs, then was disengaged at mid revs.
Anyway my M64 has been rebuilt and the cluth removed so it is permenantly on
