Author Topic: Mfa outside temperature  (Read 2831 times)

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Mfa outside temperature
« on: 05 August 2010, 13:43 »
As above, my mfa outside temperature is only reading 10 degrees at 13.00pm when I know it is warmer than that, anybody got any ideas, was fine before it went for a lick of paint  :laugh:

Thanks for your help

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Mfa outside temperature
« Reply #1 on: 05 August 2010, 13:47 »
You're too hot.  Go see a Doctor, now.  :grin:


Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Mfa outside temperature
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2010, 14:33 »
As above, my mfa outside temperature is only reading 10 degrees at 13.00pm when I know it is warmer than that, anybody got any ideas, was fine before it went for a lick of paint  :laugh:

Thanks for your help

Mine is reading 18 so unless you are on top of a windy cold hill in sheff... It's not reading right....

Maybe they have painted the sensor for you for free.... :laugh:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: Mfa outside temperature
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2010, 17:18 »
Took it out again for another drive, now reading correctly at 16 on the hills of the peaks in Sheffield
 :grin:

Offline raferackstraw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 904
Re: Mfa outside temperature
« Reply #4 on: 05 August 2010, 19:25 »
 ithink the sensor is mounted on the chassis leg so might be worth giving it a clean, may have got some paint/dust on it from body shop

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline walchy01

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,033
Re: Mfa outside temperature
« Reply #5 on: 06 August 2010, 19:02 »
Thanks for that I'll check it out.......

Offline dadrathers

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 385
Re: Mfa outside temperature
« Reply #6 on: 06 August 2010, 21:49 »
Mine reads about 3 degrees light - asked on THE Forum if there was a way to recalibrate - apparently not! Anyway could try a new sensor and as said it is behind the nearside front arch plastic liner so more than a few minutes job to access.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers.

Offline madmanluke

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 821
Re: Mfa outside temperature
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2010, 23:41 »
Any ideas if we can get the sensors from any where? Mine has never read any thing as Im pretty sure this cable I have hanging around in my bay is the one missing the temp sensor.