Author Topic: Getting a mk2  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Jay77

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 98
Getting a mk2
« on: 04 August 2010, 22:44 »
getting a mk2 but it needs a inside roof lining. does anyone know how much this could cost or is it easy to do yourself?

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Getting a mk2
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2010, 23:58 »
if the vinyl has come away from the backing you might be able to save it by removing the whole roof lining (remove A, B and C pillar covers, trim around sunroof, sunroof winder cover, sun visors and about 4 press-in clips in the centre of the roof lining) and using spray adhesive to stick the vinyl back. dont do it in situ or you'll make a right mess! also dont use evo stick as this can warp the vinyl as i found out!

Its either that or you can go all ghetto and peel the vinyl off the backing, and matt black the backing itself. Dont satin black it or it will look sh!te (also from experience!)

you'd be lucky to find a complete replacement in good condition for sensible money


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Charge

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 263
  • Into Notion, Out of Motion
Re: Getting a mk2
« Reply #2 on: 05 August 2010, 00:24 »
I paid 50 and had to travel 2 1/2 hours to find a one in good nick. They are around, just gotta go a little further to find one.

I never tried to restick it, because in the heat it will probably just drop again, or it wont look as good as you want.

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: Getting a mk2
« Reply #3 on: 05 August 2010, 00:32 »
They do pop up quite regularly, as Charge said, around £50 is going rate for them. My only experience is if you have a 3 door with a sunroof...you're screwed  :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Charge

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 263
  • Into Notion, Out of Motion
Re: Getting a mk2
« Reply #4 on: 09 August 2010, 04:52 »
I got one with a sunroof for like I said 50.00 =]

Offline hasekna

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 85
Re: Getting a mk2
« Reply #5 on: 10 August 2010, 11:36 »
I got a sunroof one from not-escorts for £40. They're somtimes on ebay too.