Author Topic: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...  (Read 2088 times)

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« on: 04 August 2010, 14:05 »
Is the part of the dash surround above the chrome trim seperate from the bit below?? Because from the rev counter across to the radio, the top part of my dash curves up, rather than being flat  against the top of the panel, I just figured it was warped, but after looking at it yesterday, I remembered that the dash on the Corrado's is curved, so is it possible that the top half is from a Corrado??

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2010, 14:14 »
No. COrrado dash is a completely different molding from top to bottom.

nick

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2010, 14:31 »
Ahh, OK, back to my confusion :s I'll get a pic up after work

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2010, 15:15 »
Good plan :cool:

Nick

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #4 on: 04 August 2010, 16:01 »
Corrado:



MK2 Golf:




Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #5 on: 05 August 2010, 11:42 »
See that golf Elvi posted looks like it has the same "problem" as mine. Above the demister switch, the dash surround is arched up, where as at each side of the dash (above the left side of the radio, and above the headlight switch) its arched down, is this a standard thing? (I'm sorry, I'm sh*t at describing things lol)

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #6 on: 05 August 2010, 11:49 »
The curve on the main dash box? I think they're all like that either through age or from factory. Mine pulls down in the middle a bit when you do all the screw up holding the face panel in.

Nick

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #7 on: 05 August 2010, 12:06 »
They warp after a while with heat and sunlight.

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #8 on: 05 August 2010, 12:15 »
They came curved from the factory

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Difference between Corrado and Golf dash...
« Reply #9 on: 05 August 2010, 14:58 »
the 2nd pic is my car, i have since replaced it with another. now the bottom is more bowed :(

looking at some brochures, the pic is how they're supposed to look it seems:
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=69551.0
« Last Edit: 05 August 2010, 15:00 by rubjonny »
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.