Author Topic: mk 2 distro  (Read 8850 times)

Offline ianmaxtec

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
mk 2 distro
« on: 03 August 2010, 22:31 »
can anybody suggest where I might get a distro for my 86 mk2  golf. I am looking for a new unit ( as the springs in mine no longer work). tried a few places, but the same answer: no longer available !

Cheers

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #1 on: 04 August 2010, 16:16 »
What's a "distro"?


Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #2 on: 04 August 2010, 16:22 »
What's a "distro"?



Distributor obviously....a more appropriate question would be the type of engine the distributor is for.....

Offline ianmaxtec

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2010, 14:48 »
Been away for some time, and was unable to get to a PC, the engine type is EV, which is the 8 valve 1.8 k-jetronic type, the distro, or should I say Distributor is a bosch unit part number 026905205AK

Thanks

Offline Reasty

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,070
  • Alpine white valver.
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2010, 21:50 »
i take it you have tried eurocarparts and gsf?

Offline Ben Lessani

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,873
  • The poor mans MK2 Haynes author
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #5 on: 14 August 2010, 00:07 »
i take it you have tried eurocarparts and gsf?

Neither sell the EV dizzy.

I just got mine off eBay - it arrived today, looks good as new, fitting it tomorrow ...

026905206A

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-reconditioned-Distributor-MK1-AND-MK2-GOLF-GTI-/170521048068?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b3d8b404

Offline OakeyDoak16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,063
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #6 on: 14 August 2010, 01:35 »
What's a "distro"?



Distributor obviously....a more appropriate question would be the type of engine the distributor is for.....
When was it obvious that distro meant distributor?

Weirdo.   :huh:

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #7 on: 14 August 2010, 11:46 »
What's a "distro"?



Distributor obviously....a more appropriate question would be the type of engine the distributor is for.....
When was it obvious that distro meant distributor?

Weirdo.   :huh:

Yes. I'm weird for using common sense...a commodity that appears to be lacking in most people these days.  :lipsrsealed:

Offline ianmaxtec

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #8 on: 16 August 2010, 16:23 »


Neither sell the EV dizzy.

I just got mine off eBay - it arrived today, looks good as new, fitting it tomorrow ...

026905206A

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vw-reconditioned-Distributor-MK1-AND-MK2-GOLF-GTI-/170521048068?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b3d8b404
[/quote]

According to MSL (VW in Dublin) the correct dizzy for my engine is 026905205AK, I presume there is more than one unit to fit the car. I also looked at 123 ignition, as I have heard good reports, but I suspect they dont make a unit for the MK2, pity.

Offline ianmaxtec

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 105
Re: mk 2 distro
« Reply #9 on: 16 August 2010, 16:30 »
I should add I have tried EVERYWHERE to get a dizzy for a EV engine (countless breakers, ebay USA, Bosce UK, Bosch Germany, Alson, Dave Andrews, and many many more.....all I want are the advance springs