Author Topic: rear brakes  (Read 1559 times)

Offline daniel-1986

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 394
rear brakes
« on: 01 August 2010, 23:05 »
i need a new rear wheels cylinder as its leaking, just wondering wud my 1.3 hav a brake regulator and i tried to change the shoes but the drum wont fit over the new shoes

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: rear brakes
« Reply #1 on: 02 August 2010, 09:57 »
no it wont have a regulator, so you need the smaller non-reg rear cylinders.  did you fully retract the shoe adjusting mech?
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline daniel-1986

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 394
Re: rear brakes
« Reply #2 on: 02 August 2010, 22:40 »
  did you fully retract the shoe adjusting mech?

am i right in thinking this is it?


Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline daniel-1986

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 394
Re: rear brakes
« Reply #4 on: 03 August 2010, 11:21 »
there done now  :smiley: just gotta replace the handbrake cable now