Author Topic: Are the £170 coil overs on ebay any good?? same a bit cheap!  (Read 1829 times)

Offline mattster

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 21
As above, i would like to lower my 8v and having done a quick search on ebay...this is an example of what i found http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Golf-2-MK2-II-JOM-Coilovers-741000-/300436890212?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item45f36f2264
has anyone on here buy them? are u happy with them? and what sort of drop would u recomend,many thanks Matt

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
buy once and buy right, avoid cheap kits as they tend to be harsh and seize up/rust


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline adzgti3

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 648
as said avoid cheap kits , spend abit extra money!!

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
buy once and buy right, avoid cheap kits as they tend to be harsh and seize up/rust

Yep +1, I would never use them again.

Offline Simeon

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,264
They're crap. AP seem to be the best budget ones or FK Streets

Offline mattster

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 21
They're crap. AP seem to be the best budget ones or FK Streets

Thanks for that, as i imagined but needed some first had advice..what about the ride hight...40mm alround???

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
If your not looking to slam it then fit a good quality spring / shock kit.