Author Topic: Armour door plates  (Read 10649 times)

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #30 on: 01 August 2010, 23:59 »
IMO leave em black and get some decent paint and put plenty of coats on them... They look great black on red... matches the bumpers side trim etc most peeps never notice them... and if they do tell 'em its to offer better protection from thieving twits...

My Lad has 'em fitted on his Driver and not cos the care has been broken into just cos he likes 'em...

Too late but glad they sold for the right money mate and had a few bids.
I am tempted to just get the GSF ones, couldn't I spray laquer on them? :/ I don't know if that would help or make them worse tbh. I only really want them to cover the damage done from the mincer who tried getting a screw driver in there.

Planning on taking the MK2 up to Prept next month.

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #31 on: 03 August 2010, 00:10 »
Do ones fit exactly the same on the back? As mines a 5dr I'd be tempted to get 2 sets or they would stick out like a sore thumb just chucked on the front locks and not the back!

Really really want the big bumpers on now I've got the GTi front grille fitted, its screaming out for the company of a big bumper  :rolleyes:

Already got the rear one that needs a bit of filler primer and some paint, just need the front one now in sensible condition with the fogs. A bit off topic, but had a bit to drink and "day-dreaming" about big bumpers!!

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #32 on: 03 August 2010, 01:13 »
IMO would look stupid on the back... Front only.. and only if really needed...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #33 on: 05 August 2010, 22:59 »
Needed on the front to cover damage and stop more attempts really mate, and don't you think it would look odd to have them on the front and not on the back? They'd look so out of place?

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #34 on: 06 August 2010, 01:58 »
Not really they are there to protect the locks and rear doors don't have locks!!

IMO Anyway... My White golf only has one on cos its the only lock on the car...

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!