Author Topic: Armour door plates  (Read 10634 times)

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #20 on: 28 July 2010, 11:45 »
No mate, might be because its a https / secure link. Which means it's probably done by session if you know what I mean? Won't be able to access it, unless you could send a link to the product page?

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #21 on: 28 July 2010, 11:57 »
Websites are so badly designed, why can't you just type "door plates" in so it comes up with a list you can pick and chose from? GSF, BigBoysToys and VolksBits are all the same.

Taken to looking on eBay now..... :rolleyes:

GSF do them too... 20 quid...
https://secure.gsfcarparts.com/shop/basket.asp?make=VW%20WATERCOOLED&model=GOLF%20Mk2&Category=BODY+%26+TRIM&keywords=

did my link not work?

Yeah know what you mean....here's the GSF part number

875VG0261

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #22 on: 29 July 2010, 12:14 »
Great, cheers mate. Have you had any problems with water marks down the doors, bad fitment etc?

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #23 on: 29 July 2010, 13:57 »
Great, cheers mate. Have you had any problems with water marks down the doors, bad fitment etc?

Nah no problems at all...They've faded a bit over the years but would clean up easily....

Note that I fitted mine from GSF about 12 years ago though...new batches may not be the same standard...

Offline DarnPB

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,958
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #24 on: 31 July 2010, 11:08 »
I have GSF ones and although they are strong, they also know how to rust as the paint finish on them is extremely poor. If you get GSF, it's well worth scraping off the black paint, (yup, it comes off that easily!) and then, using good quality primer and paint, doing them yourself. You have a red car as I do, so you can colour code them to your doors. Does not always work with lighter coloured cars. The darker the car colour, the better it looks. Red cars only just get away with it.


THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline bmm

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 87
  • Be patient... I'm an idiot
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #25 on: 31 July 2010, 13:37 »
So it's not a completely ridiculous idea to take the armour plates off my car and get the holes tidied up at the bodyshop?  I'm trying to de-clutter the car and was thinking of getting rid of them...

Anything I should ask the guys to do like reinforcing the patch surrounding the handle?

Offline DarnPB

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,958
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #26 on: 31 July 2010, 14:26 »

These are GSF ones.




THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #27 on: 01 August 2010, 18:49 »
2 Hours left to run on the one I have listed on the bay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280539717277

 :grin:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #28 on: 01 August 2010, 22:35 »
Too late but glad they sold for the right money mate and had a few bids.
I am tempted to just get the GSF ones, couldn't I spray laquer on them? :/ I don't know if that would help or make them worse tbh. I only really want them to cover the damage done from the mincer who tried getting a screw driver in there.

Planning on taking the MK2 up to Prept next month.

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline daniel-1986

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 394
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #29 on: 01 August 2010, 23:04 »

These are GSF ones.




same as volksbits ones and ive dun the same as u colour coding them