Author Topic: Armour door plates  (Read 10629 times)

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Armour door plates
« on: 26 July 2010, 20:26 »
After a set of armour door plates for the MK2. It's got some unwanted attention just lately and they seem determined to get in behind the handle so.....:angry:

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline raferackstraw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 904
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2010, 20:29 »
big boys toys do them mate

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2010, 20:38 »
Got a link there mate? Hopefully they'll stop little boys using screw drivers!

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline mwep201081

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 356

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #4 on: 26 July 2010, 20:55 »
I've got one on the bay which is an Orginal one...

No bids so far so you might bag a bargain...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280539717277

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline BiGUKG

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 307
  • Simples!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #5 on: 26 July 2010, 21:06 »
Haven't been able to actually find any on GSF (downloading the brochure now :rolleyes:) or big boys toys uk  :huh: one miss click on google and that could have gone much less smoothly.......

Still looking never the less.

How comes only the one X4? Will keep an eye on it though, cheers. Don't mind going off topic to say I love the MK2 either.... got a BIG soft spot for tornado red big bumper models!

http://www.vw-southeast.co.uk
"The community for enthusiasts and owners in the South East"

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2010, 21:16 »
Bought a pair and only used one as the passenger door has been de-locked..

Not on the red one it dont have any as I had it resprayed and the doors sorted when that was done...

Its on my White One...

You can see piccys of the car on my thread... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140182.0  :rolleyes:

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline ReDBull

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 682
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2010, 22:39 »
Don't buy GSF ones there S**T don't fit well at all.
03 210 Seat LCR. Badger5 V2.2TIP, Fordge 007p, Wellycooler, Quaife ATB LSD, Nuespeed ARB's, KW Clubsports, 330mm discs, 3" turbo back de cat and still on the standard map!
My project thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=241116.0

Offline Alec

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2010, 01:55 »
I've got one on the bay which is an Orginal one...

No bids so far so you might bag a bargain...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280539717277

I am actually looking for a single plate  :grin:
You letting the auction run it's course?

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Armour door plates
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2010, 02:42 »
Unless you make me an offer I CAN'T Refuse.... LOL

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!