Author Topic: PAS Tensioning Bolt  (Read 1000 times)

Offline GTIMatt

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 25
PAS Tensioning Bolt
« on: 25 July 2010, 23:44 »
Hi all
My PAS belt as been screeching away for a while, so I thought I'd try and tighten it up, but instead I ended up snapping the tensioning bolt  :laugh: (or thats what it says in Haynes). I got it all out, but I'm not sure what to replace it with, is it just a standard size? I tried putting a 8m nut on it and it barely got on. Anyone know what I can use/where to get it from? I tried GSF when I ordered a new belt but no luck.

Cheers folks
Matt

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: PAS Tensioning Bolt
« Reply #1 on: 26 July 2010, 00:58 »
tried VW?

 I bought a alternator adjustment bolt off a well know and popular auction site for my mate and it was 2.00 delivered.

Bought one from Vw direct a few months later, 79p :lipsrsealed:


You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: PAS Tensioning Bolt
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2010, 09:36 »
just an M8x55 bolt, nothing special.

I'm guessing you mean the one that goes up into the weird bolt with a threaded end on the top
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline GTIMatt

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 25
Re: PAS Tensioning Bolt
« Reply #3 on: 26 July 2010, 15:54 »
Cheers guys

Must just have been the muck in the thread that made it hard to get the 8m nut on. No more squeeking hopefully  :smug: