Author Topic: Removing tie rod  (Read 890 times)

Offline weazgti

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 955
Removing tie rod
« on: 24 July 2010, 11:04 »
As above, cant seem to get anything on the nut under the rack gaiter.
Is there a certain way of doing this?

Offline Simeon

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,264
Re: Removing tie rod
« Reply #1 on: 25 July 2010, 23:43 »
This is a bast*rd of a job when done in-situ! Only thing I could get on the big nut was a pair of mole-grips and to get enough access I undid the front wishbone bush and the ball joint and swung the wish-bone around out the way. Have fun

VeeDubGTI16v

  • Guest
Re: Removing tie rod
« Reply #2 on: 26 July 2010, 09:04 »
pas?

theres a blue handled spanner in halfords that fits thats kept in the lazer tools cabinet. i think the manual rack is different, but not 100% sure