Author Topic: Right then, cambelt change.  (Read 883 times)

Offline Alec

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
Right then, cambelt change.
« on: 23 July 2010, 17:40 »
Cambelt looks like it has been on the car since the dawn of time and the car hasn't turned a wheel for a year apart from the odd engine start to keep things oily.

I am not mega confident with engine stuff to be honest so I usually have the car looked after by my local VW specialist Lion Garage but funds are pretty much none existant so I want to attempt to do it myself.

How hard is it? What tools will I need?
The car will not idle when cold anyway and I suspect ignition timing is out, so I want to kill two birds with one stone kinda thing.

If anyone in the Leicester area fancy helping me out and having a couple of beers in the process etc then feel free, get a mini forum meet sorted out. Otherwise, advise please  :grin: