Author Topic: GSF Master Cylinders...  (Read 2855 times)

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
GSF Master Cylinders...
« on: 21 July 2010, 13:38 »
So there's 2

652VG0250           BRAKE MASTER CYL-22.2mm           G2 16V 12/88 >10/91           34.20           Add
652VG0251                BRAKE MASTER CYL-FAG 22mm        G2 16V 12/88 >10/91        54.00         Add

So bigger's better right? How come the bigger one is cheaper? And what's FAG? I'm assuming Forged something?

Offline The Mighty Elvi

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,403
  • I'm better than you today.
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #1 on: 21 July 2010, 13:52 »
FAG is the name of the German manufacturer.

http://www.fag.de/content.fag.de/en/index.jsp


Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2010, 14:00 »
they're the same size, just how gsf have listed it on the site. the difference is just the quality, so buy the expensive one :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline AudiA8Quattro

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,777
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2010, 16:01 »
One is O.E. quality, one is a cheap one.
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2010, 21:09 »
How can I tell the difference if I'm buying a second hand one?

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #5 on: 23 July 2010, 09:25 »
dont, just buy new ;)
if you must go 2nd hand visit your local scrappy and check new polos and SEATs, quite a lot of them have the 22mm mc you need, even the base models. once off you should see '22' stamped into the casting.
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline twistedblack69

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,047
  • Proud mk2 user and abuser
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #6 on: 23 July 2010, 12:21 »
Are they prone to breaking/getting crappy??

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #7 on: 23 July 2010, 14:21 »
not really, but they are so cheap new is it really worth the risk?
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #8 on: 23 July 2010, 14:46 »
http://www.hansmotors.co.uk/productsandsuppliers.html

These are main importers of ATE which is as good as it gets. Last time I rang them it was about £45 delivered to me!

Fools economy to stick a rusty second hand part that could fail especially as they dont like to be disturbed after 20 years of use? :rolleyes:

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: GSF Master Cylinders...
« Reply #9 on: 24 July 2010, 17:19 »
Ha @ 'FAG'


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.