Author Topic: Starts and cuts out straight away  (Read 1890 times)

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Starts and cuts out straight away
« on: 20 July 2010, 09:52 »
8v Kjet

After sorting out my fuelling problem, I then sorted the timing out.

It starts on the dot but then just cuts out straight away.

I thought it might have been a vac problem, because I hadn't plugged the hole in the side of the inlet boot. Tried plugging that and it seems to go for another second before cutting out.

Just something to be aware of, this has been built up from the ground by me, and after having problems with various vac hoses, I'm not 100% they are in the correct place.


What sort of things should I be checking?
- Does Power stays to the coil
- Fuel Injectors Seats seem to be leaking a little bit, could this cause unnecessary air to get in?


Cheers
Jack

Offline russ-vdub

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,350
  • Once a Dub, Always a Dub
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2010, 13:01 »
Sounds like the boot aint fitted properly or cracked so leaking major amounts of air..

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2010, 13:18 »
Is there fuel pressure?

Are any injectors misting?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline X4MGS

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,564
  • VAG Parts SNOB!!!
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2010, 19:04 »
MAF - Thats what happened to mine when I unplugged it when I went on Holiday and forgot to reconect it when I came back!!

High Quality Chrome & Black Enamel Golf GTI Keyring's.
For More Info Click To See;
My Thread On Here  Or My Ebay Store!

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2010, 19:06 »
MAF - Thats what happened to mine when I unplugged it when I went on Holiday and forgot to reconect it when I came back!!
Its k-jet so no MAF :( will check injectors tonight

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2010, 20:57 »
Ok before I did the injectors, I found ANOTHER hole that I needed to plug.

Plugged it, the engine seemed to last longer before cutting out.

It's a bit too late now to be revving up an exhaust-less engine, so will be trying to seat the injectors better tomorrow and stop that fuel leak.

I'm enjoying myself :D

Offline Alec

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 844
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2010, 21:54 »
Was reading your build thread bout half hour ago. How come you are going down the k-jet route with a TSR lump? I would of thought you would of got the most out of it running Digi?

You will love the motor, similar spec as mine although mine is slightly bigger. Loads of fun to drive  :cool:

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2010, 22:02 »
Was reading your build thread bout half hour ago. How come you are going down the k-jet route with a TSR lump? I would of thought you would of got the most out of it running Digi?

You will love the motor, similar spec as mine although mine is slightly bigger. Loads of fun to drive  :cool:

Well when i bought it, there was paperwork showing a TSR head and Cam.

The previous owner ran k-jet but was selling the car because of a problem with it.

Im going to get it runnin and then see about a conversion.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Starts and cuts out straight away
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2010, 23:57 »
What spec head and cam ?