Author Topic: Brake pedal goes to the floor sometimes.  (Read 1169 times)

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Brake pedal goes to the floor sometimes.
« on: 19 July 2010, 14:02 »
Hi all, I've done a search on this and I'm figuring it may be the brake master cylinder but just thought I would thow in the symptoms for some second opinions.
OK, generally you hit the brakes and they work fine, if you back off them a bit and then just press gently the pedal goes to the floor sometimes. Take your foot off and try again and they're fine again. Have checked for leaks, none found & no fluid loss.
Am I barking up the right tree, or just barking?  :undecided:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Brake pedal goes to the floor sometimes.
« Reply #1 on: 19 July 2010, 15:24 »
Nope sounds like a master cylinder problem.

Offline AudiA8Quattro

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,777
Re: Brake pedal goes to the floor sometimes.
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2010, 00:18 »
Nope sounds like a master cylinder problem.

+1 Failed seal.
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Re: Brake pedal goes to the floor sometimes.
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2010, 08:16 »
Thanks, will get a new one sorted.