Author Topic: Vac Pipes  (Read 2677 times)

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Vac Pipes
« on: 09 July 2010, 19:55 »
Hi I've done a search and found nothing in terms of where to buy the pipes going from the airbox to the inlet, I've a high idle and want to eliminate things and  I figured these pipes could do with a replacement anyway so have nothing to lose!

Thanks.

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Vac Pipes
« Reply #1 on: 09 July 2010, 21:03 »
also can any vac pipe do and what mm are they?

Cheers Rich.

Offline raferackstraw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 904
Re: Vac Pipes
« Reply #2 on: 09 July 2010, 21:07 »
i got mine off ebay about 5quid for 3metres iirc, it was the proper braided kind

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Vac Pipes
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2010, 21:10 »
you have a link to it mate and what mm was it? (how many meters would I need to replace all of the ones on the airbox to inlet etc?

Cheers buddy

Offline raferackstraw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 904
Re: Vac Pipes
« Reply #4 on: 09 July 2010, 21:16 »
dont have link but go to vw in parts n accessories and put in vac pipe/hose think its 4mm, you'll need about 1.5m if you do all engine and hose to clocks  :wink:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172

Offline raferackstraw

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 904

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline lingl9z

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 172
Re: Vac Pipes
« Reply #7 on: 09 July 2010, 22:06 »
nice one for that  buddy, will give that a go :)

Offline warnesey333

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 660
Re: Vac Pipes
« Reply #8 on: 10 July 2010, 22:07 »
Good timing with this, the stuff ive ordered is correct then lol

Offline rubjonny

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 16,349
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: Vac Pipes
« Reply #9 on: 12 July 2010, 10:14 »
3mm i/d is what you want, vw do really good stuff but its not that cheap. not found any hose that is as good from anywhere else unfortunately. silicone stuff is fine but i prefer black and generally it comes in red or blue which is a bit chavtastic for my liking
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.