Author Topic: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!  (Read 4391 times)

Offline aircooled88

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 5
K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« on: 03 July 2010, 16:13 »
Hi all

Have a problem, one of my flexible injector pipes was splitting where it connects onto the metel pipe so i stupidy thought it would just be a case of cutting the split bit out and pushing the pipe back on, or just replacing it with abit of fuel hose.  However after removing it i have realised its solid plastic and it wasnt even split inb the 1st place it was just the outer rubber skin  :brickwall:

Anyhow, what can i do? I cant get the pipe back on, have tried heating it, opening it up all with no success.  I have rang VW who have sold me a reel of the hose at great expense which is due in on wednesday but even when that arrvies im gona have the same problem of not being able to get it on!

Anyone got any ideas?  I take it the pressure is too high to use fuel hose and clips or they would have done it in the 1st place.  Alternatively if someone has a set of the pipes for sale?

heres a picture of my horses bottom behavior.


Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #1 on: 03 July 2010, 16:28 »
It should just slip on, fill it with wd40 and try


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline mattkh

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 554
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #2 on: 03 July 2010, 16:31 »
.......However after removing it i have realised its solid plastic
Hi
It cant be solid plastic all the way, otherwise it wont be flexible.
Which injector does it supply ?

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #3 on: 03 July 2010, 16:34 »
Yer the plastic will be to stop it bending at the point of connection, what i think needs to happen is push the plastic further in till you have a rubber end long enough to slot on or just get rid of the plastic all together and make sure the pipe is secure enough to keep itself straight


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #4 on: 03 July 2010, 16:39 »
I wouldn't piss around with what people think :rolleyes:

If you do it wrong and it pops off whilst driving then your the one that could be in big trouble, not them :wink:

Offline aircooled88

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #5 on: 03 July 2010, 16:53 »
The pipe is hard plastic the whole length coved by a thin rubber sleeve, have tried the wd40 and some silicone spray, not joy it dosent wana play ball  :sad:  Wonder if the plastics just gone hard with age, will have to see if the stuff from vw is more flexible i think.  I have got some 3mm id fuel pipe in the garage which will probably do the job but as you say maybe not worth the risk! Cheers for the help  :smiley:

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #6 on: 03 July 2010, 19:41 »
I wouldn't piss around with what people think :rolleyes:

If you do it wrong and it pops off whilst driving then your the one that could be in big trouble, not them :wink:

+1 not worth messing around with, they should be tight fit, once they have come apart you need to replace it really.
« Last Edit: 03 July 2010, 19:44 by Wayne »


Offline aircooled88

  • Just got here
  • *
  • Posts: 5
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #8 on: 03 July 2010, 21:35 »
Replace the whole metel pipe?  Anyone got one?

Offline clipperjay

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,148
Re: K-jet injector pipes, advise needed!
« Reply #9 on: 03 July 2010, 21:45 »
You should be able to get a braided one instead of solid steel I have a complete set but saving it for rainy day due to cost.

Try them I just googled braided fuel lines you might want to try a few places mate!
http://www.earls.co.uk/index.php