Author Topic: You really do s**t your pants when ...  (Read 8089 times)

Offline Sam

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,186
  • Sam I am
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #10 on: 29 June 2010, 08:26 »
What, fall off!?


The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline beechymonza

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 680
  • mad beech
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #11 on: 29 June 2010, 13:35 »
My mates bonnet came up on his RS turbo at 60mph, Smoshed the window straight through lol,
No guts No glory,

Offline Diamond Hell

  • Serious forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 7,992
  • Opinions я Us
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #12 on: 29 June 2010, 13:38 »
time for a new solid front mount methinks!!

Or maybe a proper, absorbant mount, so you don't shear it again, due to a lack of give in the front of the mounting system vs the rear.  :rolleyes:
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Mr Blue

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 6,133
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #13 on: 29 June 2010, 19:06 »
Goes to show. Always use loctite!
:)

Offline jamie_pyrite

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 901
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #14 on: 29 June 2010, 19:18 »
My mates bonnet came up on his RS turbo at 60mph, Smoshed the window straight through lol,


Happened to my brother's mk2.. Knackered bonnet, ripped two lines where the bonnet hinges went up, smashed windscreen and dented the roof!



I've had the bolt thing happen! It was the alternator tensioning bolt - cr*pped myself!

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #15 on: 29 June 2010, 19:25 »
I lost a manifold stud off a mini engine at motorway speed once. Nearly pooped myself.

Nick

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #16 on: 29 June 2010, 20:19 »
I wasn't driving but we were up in the highlands in my mates mk3 and the passenger front wheel came off at about 40mph.

Him and his little brother had just changed the front discs and pads. Guess which side his little bro had been working on :grin:

We were all surprisingly calm and the car stayed on 3 wheels till we stopped (I'm 14/15st my mate was 20st+ at this time)

Retrieved the wheel from the woods and then managed to reattach despite not having a jack in the car...
 

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #17 on: 29 June 2010, 21:18 »
I wasn't driving but we were up in the highlands in my mates mk3 and the passenger front wheel came off at about 40mph.

Him and his little brother had just changed the front discs and pads. Guess which side his little bro had been working on :grin:

We were all surprisingly calm and the car stayed on 3 wheels till we stopped (I'm 14/15st my mate was 20st+ at this time)

Retrieved the wheel from the woods and then managed to reattach despite not having a jack in the car...
 



I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline Goops

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 450
  • mk2 gti 16v
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #18 on: 29 June 2010, 22:13 »
damn! dude at least u heard it fly past!

once the exhaust brackets flopped on my dads old SL merc in kenya, didnt realise untill a few miles down! We were on our way to mombasa and he ruined our sexy beach towels by picking the hot bugger off the roadside!  :grin:

Offline Neo Badness

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,780
  • Feet are for pedals
Re: You really do s**t your pants when ...
« Reply #19 on: 30 June 2010, 00:29 »
I wasn't driving but we were up in the highlands in my mates mk3 and the passenger front wheel came off at about 40mph.

Him and his little brother had just changed the front discs and pads. Guess which side his little bro had been working on :grin:

We were all surprisingly calm and the car stayed on 3 wheels till we stopped (I'm 14/15st my mate was 20st+ at this time)

Retrieved the wheel from the woods and then managed to reattach despite not having a jack in the car...
 



 :laugh:

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.