Author Topic: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?  (Read 2440 times)

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« on: 25 June 2010, 14:55 »
This is located above the rubbung strip on our tornado red mk2, part missing on one side. Is this a standard feature?

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #1 on: 25 June 2010, 21:24 »
Does not side like it, any pics.

Offline martyzs

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 39
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #2 on: 26 June 2010, 06:06 »
I need a replacement set aswell, this is only photo of mine which you can see the colour of the stripe

If you find some let me know




Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #3 on: 26 June 2010, 22:31 »
^ Yes, they're the ones.......standard then? Will have look out for some then.

Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #4 on: 26 June 2010, 23:30 »
I don't think that will be available new anymore.

Offline martyzs

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 39
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #5 on: 27 June 2010, 17:15 »
Just replaced mine using pin stripe tape from halfrauds. Its come out really well. I used 10mm black and covered that with 6mm red, to copy the original.

Heres some pics



« Last Edit: 27 June 2010, 17:17 by martyzs »

Offline Thom89

  • Forum addict
  • *
  • Posts: 4,092
  • Looking for an "Icebreaker"
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #6 on: 27 June 2010, 18:46 »
Just replaced mine using pin stripe tape from halfrauds. Its come out really well. I used 10mm black and covered that with 6mm red, to copy the original.

Heres some pics





Your stripe looks good, however, if you want it to look more accurate to the original, then the section of red on the wing needs trimming back 20mm, so only the black disappears behind the wheel arch, and again, where the stripes run up to the door gaps, the red should be trimmed back 3mm, with that done, it'll look like the real thing
Thom

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #7 on: 28 June 2010, 13:06 »

Like this.


Offline martyzs

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 39
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #8 on: 28 June 2010, 17:14 »
Thanks for the info, ill trim the red out a touch  :wink:

Offline jezza16v

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 981
Re: Black/Red/Black stcky stripe on pre 89 8v ?
« Reply #9 on: 28 June 2010, 20:07 »
Damn good effort BTW, I shall be using this trick when I get the new wing on and doing the other side where its missing.