Author Topic: ***URGENT HELP PLEASE***  (Read 801 times)

Offline FOREST GREEN

• I live here
***URGENT HELP PLEASE***
« on: 23 June 2010, 18:54 »
Hi guys, I have just got home to find a problem with the mk3 8v. My sister-in-law was round today and needed to get something out of the car, instead of unlocking the car with the fob, she unlocked the drivers door, then opened the boot, the alarm then went off, so she shut the boot, and pressed the fob to stop it, which then locked the car again, she the unlocked the car using the fob, however, the car WILL NOT START now, the immobiliser seems to be stuck on?

I've tried locking/unlocking using the fob, and the alarm arms itself fine, I've tried unlocking/locking using the key in the drivers door, but still nothing when you put the key in the ignition

ANY HELP REALLY APPRECIATED HERE CHAPS................THANKS IN ADVANCE

Toby

Offline dweb1989

• Not said much yet
Re: ***URGENT HELP PLEASE***
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2010, 19:13 »
Disconnect the battery and leave off for a few minutes?

Offline FOREST GREEN

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2010, 19:33 »
Hi mate, tried that but to no avail.................just realised that I DONT have an immobiliser, just an alarm??????? Any ideas what else it could be?? When I put the key into the ignition, its says "in 02" on the LCD screen, for about 3 secs, then goes to the milage?? :undecided: :undecided:
« Last Edit: 23 June 2010, 19:38 by FOREST GREEN »

Offline Rmachines

• I live here
  • Passat 20vT Estate and Candy White MK3 1.8 GL
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2010, 22:15 »
Ignore the LCD screen, thats telling you it needs a service!

9 times out of 10 alarms will have an immob,  and i think it probably is to do with that,  there is also the factory fit immob, but that will cause the engine to run then cut out, so that can be ruled out.

Search for at key to disable it,  I dont know anything about your specific alarm but either on the back of the siren, or somewhere arround the glovebox there is usualy a key switch or similar to disable the whole thing.  Even if you dont have to pysicaly use an immobiliser key/fob, it may be activated/de-activated by the alarm set/unset buttons.

10 golfs and counting! 

Engine cranes = the ultimate tool to test the tensile strength of Everything you didn't disconnect!

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2010, 09:27 »
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.