Author Topic: 1st service at VW  (Read 3006 times)

Offline Das Auto

• GTI forum regular
1st service at VW
« on: 20 June 2010, 16:33 »
So I took my GTI in for it's first service on Friday £169 so not the cheapest. When I dropped the car off I had 300miles remaining now when I picked the car up I had 260 remaining miles and average mpg had plummeted to 16mpg - are they supposed to road test after a service ? Would anyone else feel peed off about this or am I over reacting.

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
Re: 1st service at VW
« Reply #1 on: 20 June 2010, 17:13 »
So I took my GTI in for it's first service on Friday £169 so not the cheapest. When I dropped the car off I had 300miles remaining now when I picked the car up I had 260 remaining miles and average mpg had plummeted to 16mpg - are they supposed to road test after a service ?
Let me get this straight. You dropped it off and it said 300 miles left before service. You picked it up and it said 260 miles left to the service? Well if there is 40 miles difference thats a long road test plus they should have reset the service time. Don't forget they don't do much on a service only the oil and filter and plug in the VAG-COM. Yes they are supposed to do a road test afterwards.

I asked about service costs when I ordered mine and they said £150. While its under warranty for 3 years I decided to have the 3 year/30,000 miles service pack. I don't know how old your car is but wasn't the service pack on offer?  :wink:
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 20 June 2010, 17:17 »
Should always note down the milage when yo u drop it off. Could have just been left running for a while.. hence the drop in mpg, and projected mileage :smiley:

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #3 on: 20 June 2010, 17:21 »
So I took my GTI in for it's first service on Friday £169 so not the cheapest. When I dropped the car off I had 300miles remaining now when I picked the car up I had 260 remaining miles and average mpg had plummeted to 16mpg - are they supposed to road test after a service ? Would anyone else feel peed off about this or am I over reacting.

I would ask who was driving your car for 40 miles at the dealership , also why were you charged 169 quid for a dealership to do this to your car :angry: Contact VWCS get your money back ??

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline Neil gti

• I live here
  • She's gone but never forgotten
« Reply #4 on: 20 June 2010, 17:39 »
I paid £110.00 for my 1st service last week from VW Dealers  :undecided:

They should of reset your service indicator aswell ?
Mk6 Gti Gone but not forgtten
Loving the 7R

Offline AlanH

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 June 2010, 19:53 »
If the OP was referring to the distance to empty display on the MFD, I wouldn't have thought a drop from 300 to 260 miles was excessive, particularly if the test drive was a short one, with a cold engine, and around an urban route. Did the figure increase once the car was back on the road again and after a decent cruise?

On the other hand, if OP was referring to the distance to next service, I've never found this drops in a linear way. Once the first warning appears, the distance to service seems to fall randomly.
« Last Edit: 20 June 2010, 20:02 by AlanH »
Mk7 GTD | 3-door, Carbon Grey, Keyless, Dynaudio, Pano roof.

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 20 June 2010, 19:58 »
They will have had it running in the workshop for ages, probably check oil temo e.t.c. Will loose MPG easily.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 20 June 2010, 20:54 »
It will have spent a while idleing whilst being valeted, sitting in the workshop etc etc.
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate

Offline Das Auto

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2010, 09:07 »
Ah right ok I won't fly off on one then I thought the tecnician might have noticed my revo receipt in the glove comprrtment and decided to give it some

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2010, 11:07 »
Ah right ok I won't fly off on one then I thought the tecnician might have noticed my revo receipt in the glove comprrtment and decided to give it some

You can check your last speed and ave speed through the MFD.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"