Author Topic: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc  (Read 109980 times)

Offline mkviken

• I live here
Re: GTI MK6 - Faults/Rattles/Squeeks etc
« Reply #340 on: 19 July 2012, 11:03 »
i would love a williams but they're hard to find a decent one now.

i agree with the sales/marketing stuff that a GTI is the only car you will need if you only run/need 1 car - but if you already have a family work horse then its maybe not the ideal car.

i bought it as i thought i would use it as a family car and a toy. it never gets used for family duties so i should have just bought a toy instead.
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #341 on: 19 July 2012, 12:11 »
Exactly, Its also what the reviews say. The mk5/6 GTI is an all rounder.
I think ideally a smaller lighter more focused car is what you really crave.
I must admit i sometimes think how little the rear of my mk6 GTI has been used (twice maybe) and think why did i not just buy a cayman.  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: 19 July 2012, 12:13 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #342 on: 20 July 2012, 05:05 »
Try one of these: www.bmw.co.uk

was waiting for that :grin:

i really like the new 1 M sport but I'm not paying IRO £30k for a hatch back again. lesson learned for me.

should have went for one of these.

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/233381/renaultsport_megane_r26r.html

or

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/280699/renaultsport_megane_265_cup_review.html

:wink:

Sorry to hear you guys are so underwhelmed with your GTI experiences - the MK6 is no MK5 if you get my drift  :sad:

I love renaultsports but I wouldn't want have a crash in one regardless of their "good" crash test reports.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #343 on: 20 July 2012, 09:14 »
Sounds like one of those days to me mate, i don't have any juddering from my wipers at all, have you tried claying the glass?

I had awful grief with my wipers for the first 6 months I had my car. The squeaking and juddering drove me bat sh!t crazy! I tried all the magic potions and solutions, such as claying, vinegar, you name it.

Eventually I had my screen replaced for a completely unrelated warranty issue. Wipers are blissfully silent since! I can only conclude that my original screen had some crap on it from the factory that just would not budge.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #344 on: 20 July 2012, 09:50 »
For anyone else with juddering wipers, I would advise polishing with cerium oxide (it can't do any harm), it worked well for me and removed rain repellent which nothing else would touch.

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #345 on: 20 July 2012, 10:27 »
For anyone else with juddering wipers, I would advise polishing with cerium oxide (it can't do any harm), it worked well for me and removed rain repellent which nothing else would touch.

New wipers are not that expensive tbo and the nice man behind the parts counter even fitted mine for me whilst I was there  :sad:

They are now as quiet as a mouse!

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #346 on: 20 July 2012, 10:28 »

New wipers are not that expensive tbo and the nice man behind the parts counter even fitted mine for me whilst I was there  :sad:

They are now as quiet as a mouse!

Mine juddered like crazy from new, now they're ok.

Offline avalon

• Here all the time
« Reply #347 on: 27 July 2012, 12:34 »
My GTI has been with the local dealer since Tuesday for the to eliminate a knock coming from the rear end.

Usual shambles at the dealership which certainly never fills me with any confidence.

Ava
GTi DSG 5 Door Candy White [MY11]

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #348 on: 27 July 2012, 12:40 »
My GTI has been with the local dealer since Tuesday for the to eliminate a knock coming from the rear end.

Usual shambles at the dealership which certainly never fills me with any confidence.

Ava
Let me know how you get on with this please, i've got it too and need to get it booked in AGAIN, is it coming from the drivers side rear qtr area?
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #349 on: 27 July 2012, 15:04 »
my car hasn't moved in about 2 weeks now. just can't be arsed for it any more. cleaned it after the last drive and put it away and not looked at it since. i might bin it soon. :undecided:
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver