GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
Standard back box replacement 16v
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: Standard back box replacement 16v (Read 1220 times)
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Standard back box replacement 16v
«
on:
30 March 2010, 15:01 »
Hi all
I am after a standard back box for the 16v 91 plate, anyone had any experiance or advice on where to get one.
Thanks
Logged
laurenceyon
GTI forum regular
Posts: 197
Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
«
Reply #1 on:
30 March 2010, 15:26 »
I bought mine from GSF, It was about £36 - it seems pretty cool, well I haven't had any problems anyway and its been on there nearly a year.
Logged
Hi my name is Laurence, I'm very much like you. Only better.
sprout99
Here all the time
Posts: 470
Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
«
Reply #2 on:
30 March 2010, 15:32 »
i got mine at GSF about a month ago £55
very nice - two nice shiny chrome ends
Logged
25th Anniversary TDi - PD
Oak green mk2
V50 D5 Sportwagon
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
«
Reply #3 on:
30 March 2010, 15:58 »
GSF, sounds good, does it sound as it should, ie don't want a load boy racer exhaust with the whole street looking at me as I go by:), the car is completely standard.
Thank you for the advice
Logged
laurenceyon
GTI forum regular
Posts: 197
Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
«
Reply #4 on:
30 March 2010, 16:54 »
The replacement part from GSF is completely standard.
I get called a chav all the time for driving a 20 year old Golf GTI and mines is almost completely standard! Everyone is as narrow minded as the next in todays world.
Cheers
Logged
Hi my name is Laurence, I'm very much like you. Only better.
sprout99
Here all the time
Posts: 470
Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
«
Reply #5 on:
30 March 2010, 19:25 »
it's got a nice burble when ticking over but other than that it's spot on
my car is completely std
Logged
25th Anniversary TDi - PD
Oak green mk2
V50 D5 Sportwagon
walchy01
I live here
Posts: 1,033
Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
«
Reply #6 on:
30 March 2010, 19:43 »
That looks like what I'm after, thanks for that, looks good.
Logged
sprout99
Here all the time
Posts: 470
Re: Standard back box replacement 16v
«
Reply #7 on:
30 March 2010, 20:02 »
the 8V and 16V back boxes are different apparently.
The 16V one from GSF has special chrome tail pipes and has a 2 year guarantee.
I was very happy with it for £55. Took about an hour to fit.
Logged
25th Anniversary TDi - PD
Oak green mk2
V50 D5 Sportwagon
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
Model specific boards
»
Golf mk2
»
Standard back box replacement 16v