Author Topic: Tear Drop alloys  (Read 2782 times)

Offline zxrmatt

• Not said much yet
Tear Drop alloys
« on: 11 November 2004, 15:02 »
At present i have tear drop alloys on my golf which are a little on the small side at 14" and also in need of a good refurb.

Now that my plan to have my mates Audi wheels has fallen through, i`m thinking of having the tear drops refurbed and polished.

Does anyone have an idea as to how much this would cost in total as i`m tryin to get a nice looking set of wheels as cheap as possible as a bit skint at the moment.

Thinking that the refurb may be cheaper than buying a set of bbs second hand and car is totally standard looking so dont want any silly looking cheap aftermarket wheels

any ideas or comments?

cheers

Offline piggy

• Here all the time
  • What you lookin' at sonny?
Re: Tear Drop alloys
« Reply #1 on: 11 November 2004, 16:05 »
Hang out for a set of BBS wheels, though the ones you're looking for maybe too expensive there are lots about, so bide your time. :)
A set might not cost more than ?100 which is what it'll cost to have the alloys refurbed.

Unless you are going all out to be original look to dump the teardrops, just don't rush ;D

Offline zxrmatt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2004, 16:23 »
Have been looing for a set of BBS ra`s for about 2 1/2 months.

I would like to get the 15" ones rather than 14".

Have seen a few go on ebay for ?100 or so but most at that price need a refurb and also alot of the time a new set of tyres also, so ?100 set soon turns into alot more with all the extra cost.

Here what your saying though. Would prefer some BBS to the teardrops really.

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2004, 18:04 »
Alloy wheel refurb must be cheap round your way piggy, I've been looking about recently and been quoted these prices -

?45 a wheel to refurb and re-polish or another place said ?60 (+ VAT) a wheel who also said ?80 (+ VAT) to have them chromed  :o :o

So if anyone knows a decent priced refurb place around the Yorkshire area then please let me know.  :)
......now officially dubless.

Offline piggy

• Here all the time
  • What you lookin' at sonny?
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2004, 18:49 »
I spent some time looking for 15" RAs and they don't come cheaper than ?100 for a set that need refurbing :(
Looking at well over ?250 i would have thought for a good set, even then not mint :o

Set your sights on something slightly less coverted. There are other BBS wheels which still look good ;D

Offline sesterfield

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2004, 22:02 »
who also said ?80 (+ VAT) to have them chromed? :o :o

did someone say chrome :D

Fielder5757

« Reply #6 on: 12 November 2004, 14:27 »
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Avoid Chrome! chrome is for gangster rappers and gay lords (same thing really)

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #7 on: 12 November 2004, 16:32 »
How else you gonna get that mirror bling look then, gangster rapper or gaylord look or whatever ?  ??? I'm after a fairly shiney finish so if anyone has any better ideas on how I can achieve that then I'm all ears !  :)

Seen a mk1 cab at action with mirror bling wheels and it looked fine to me, won a show and shine trophy so the organisers thought it looked pretty cool too.  ;D
......now officially dubless.

Offline richy

• I live here
  • neeeeeeeowm
« Reply #8 on: 12 November 2004, 23:36 »
Look for some old porsche wheels and polish those bad boys to death  8)
54-plate Golf 2.0 FSI GT.  Leather interior.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #9 on: 14 November 2004, 18:59 »
polishing your wheels makes them shinier than chroming them, and the finish seems so much better and quality looking imo :D