Author Topic: Manual window winder mechanism fitting  (Read 1654 times)

Offline peaky83

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
Manual window winder mechanism fitting
« on: 18 March 2010, 11:49 »
How easy is it to fit a new Window winder mech in a 3dr Gti? Its the drivers side (OSF?)

Dan

Offline peaky83

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
Re: Manual window winder mechanism fitting
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2010, 13:05 »
Done it and to answer my own question its 8 bolts and slip the old one out new one, bolt it up JD

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Manual window winder mechanism fitting
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2010, 13:29 »
was going to say its not much of a job, ive done 3 now (and im not overly mechanically minded!)  :grin:

just remember to repair the weather seal or you may end up with wet door cards!!


I don't think a semi will give the same results

Offline peaky83

  • Here all the time
  • ****
  • Posts: 278
Re: Manual window winder mechanism fitting
« Reply #3 on: 18 March 2010, 14:16 »
Weather seal I take it you mean that piece of polythene behind the door card? Yea I put that back, was surprised how easy it was to replace, took 15 mins. In fact I think it took longer to take the door card off and put it back on than it did to swap the mechanism!

Offline cняis

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,034
  • Know there's something burning over there...
Re: Manual window winder mechanism fitting
« Reply #4 on: 18 March 2010, 18:48 »
you've reminded me i've got another to fit to my orange mk2 as the passenger window doesnt go up properly, as you wind it up, it tilts forwards  :undecided:


I don't think a semi will give the same results