Author Topic: Dodo juice purple haze pro  (Read 11644 times)

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
Re: Dodo juice purple haze pro
« Reply #40 on: 05 June 2010, 09:09 »
Dont encourage me  :wink: :laugh:

I've not even used my purple haze panel pot yet but you've given me an idea so I might get a PH pro panel pot.

How does the PH differ from BV ? (Obviously I know ones hard and ones soft but I've only used the soft waxes so far  :undecided:)

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #41 on: 05 June 2010, 11:48 »
yes mate the pro panel pots are well worth the money tbh and will last you quite a while, bv pro is lovely to apply and smells of spiced apples though feels a bit oilier in application than the standard bv but a little goes a long long way and the curing time is very similar to supernatural strangely and benefits from a second buffing after removal, the finish is really glossy and wet. im hooked dude :laugh:

regarding your post on page 4 id suggest putting 476 down first as your base layer then cap off with ph or ph pro :wink: you'll love the finish trust me :grin:
when i had my golf gti i did the above but with collinite 845 then ph over the top :shocked: looked awesome, durabilty of colli and the bling from the juice :grin:  :grin:
« Last Edit: 05 June 2010, 11:54 by Purple Haze »
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #42 on: 05 June 2010, 16:45 »
Thanks for that, at the momment I'm using SRP which is topped off by AG EGP so I think I'll just go over the top with the Dodo juice (obviously that's if I do decide to by some  :wink:)

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 05 June 2010, 20:06 »
DO IT!!!!! :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :wink:

Thanks for that, at the momment I'm using SRP which is topped off by AG EGP so I think I'll just go over the top with the Dodo juice (obviously that's if I do decide to by some  :wink:)

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #44 on: 05 June 2010, 20:10 »
So is it okay to apply two layers of wax from different makes?  :huh:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 05 June 2010, 22:00 »
yes its ok!!! just keep an eye on things if the wax is more synthetic in its make-up ie colli 845,476,fk1000p etc etc because i find they mute the flick in the paint a bit and give a more glassy look to the finish which dont get me wrong is still good but i prefure the warmth and glossy wet finish of a hardcore carnauba wax ie dodojuice waxs

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #46 on: 06 June 2010, 09:45 »
I'm using 915 at the moment and will be for quite some time but would love a wet finish to the paint. So Purple Haze would do this? I'm confused by all the types. :grin:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 06 June 2010, 11:57 »
915 is cool dude it should be giving you a nice glossy finish!!!  take no notice of the colours as they mean nothing regarding what finish you'll get, soft waxes will give a wetter slicker finish than hard waxes as they have more natural oils in them to soften them and make them easier to spread on the car, purple haze is perfect for your car dude, go get some you'll love it

Offline Shady Pioneer

• Serious forum addict
  • graphic designer.
« Reply #48 on: 06 June 2010, 12:15 »
Thanks for the asvcr bud :afro: When I can free up some cash I'll make the purchase, I love the slick wet look that some waxes offer so I'll lay the 915 down first for durabilty, then Purple Haze for the finish. Sweet!

Offline Dan J

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 06 June 2010, 16:22 »
no probs mate!! once you've put purple haze on your car you will be hooked trust me