Author Topic: Dodo juice purple haze pro  (Read 11639 times)

Offline harry bum

• GTI forum regular
Re: Dodo juice purple haze pro
« Reply #30 on: 18 March 2010, 17:40 »
ah chill out am on it

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #31 on: 18 March 2010, 17:45 »
Guy, I am not a detailer just a someone who likes his car to look good so forgive me if I don't know the p's and q's in the detailing world.
I googled Dodo and the first one that came up was the 95.95 one. However thanks to you I now see there is a cheaper tub from your link. I have taken a note of it and will order it for when the GTI will arrive as it is Pearl Black and I understand the Purple haze is good for black.

Would you keep me right here. I was going to put a couple of coats of Glare on first as I have a couple of bottles to use up.. Then finish off with the Purple haze.
Thanks for any info as it will be appreciated :smiley:

like most manufactures they have more than one product... they have base products all the way up to the expensive shizzle for the mk6 boys and girls...

what Glare products do you have to use up... in the same vein as Dodo they do quite a few! http://glareuk.com/shop/index.php?route=common/home

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 18 March 2010, 17:47 »
ah chill out am on it

thank you

if it helps have a gander at this... http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=29555.0

Offline Captain Sensible

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 18 March 2010, 18:05 »
Guy, I am not a detailer just a someone who likes his car to look good so forgive me if I don't know the p's and q's in the detailing world.
I googled Dodo and the first one that came up was the 95.95 one. However thanks to you I now see there is a cheaper tub from your link. I have taken a note of it and will order it for when the GTI will arrive as it is Pearl Black and I understand the Purple haze is good for black.

Would you keep me right here. I was going to put a couple of coats of Glare on first as I have a couple of bottles to use up.. Then finish off with the Purple haze.

like most manufactures they have more than one product... they have base products all the way up to the expensive shizzle for the mk6 boys and girls...

what Glare products do you have to use up... in the same vein as Dodo they do quite a few! http://glareuk.com/shop/index.php?route=common/home
I have a couple of bottles of this
http://glareuk.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=14

First thanks for any help.

I maybe wrong here but I think I would put the Purple Haze Dodo on first as it's a wax then put on the Glare as it's a sealant on top ?

On Order Golf GTI 5 Door Manual - Pearl Black - 18' Vision Alloys - Goodyear F1 Asymmetric Tyers - Sunroof - Xenon Lights - Touch Screen Cd Player With Dyneaudio amp and speakers - Folding Wing Mirrors - Dealer Fit - Steel VW kick plates - Front And Rear Mud Flaps - Sill boot protector - Boot liner - 3 year Service Plan - Carpet Matts With GTI Logo And Red Pipping.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 18 March 2010, 18:10 »

I maybe wrong here but I think I would put the Purple Haze Dodo on first as it's a wax then put on the Glare as it's a sealant on top ?

you were right the first time.. remember you have a polish/sealant there so the polishing particles will work on whatever they are being applied to... do they tell you to use more than one coat? if not then you might be wasting your time?

i would apply

glare (according to manf instructions)
1 x dodo PH Pro
1 x dodo PH Pro 24 hours later

Offline Captain Sensible

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2010, 18:32 »

you were right the first time.. remember you have a polish/sealant there so the polishing particles will work on whatever they are being applied to... do they tell you to use more than one coat? if not then you might be wasting your time?

i would apply

1 x dodo PH Pro

If I could buy you a pint I would.
Many thanks
On Order Golf GTI 5 Door Manual - Pearl Black - 18' Vision Alloys - Goodyear F1 Asymmetric Tyers - Sunroof - Xenon Lights - Touch Screen Cd Player With Dyneaudio amp and speakers - Folding Wing Mirrors - Dealer Fit - Steel VW kick plates - Front And Rear Mud Flaps - Sill boot protector - Boot liner - 3 year Service Plan - Carpet Matts With GTI Logo And Red Pipping.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 18 March 2010, 18:36 »

i would apply

1 x dodo PH Pro

If I could buy you a pint I would.
Many thanks

there is no way I will stop you from doing this!  :grin:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 04 June 2010, 16:39 »
I have lots of little white flies stuck to the roof of my car,i washed it yesterday because of the white flies on the roof and bugger me they are back this morning,they are stuck to the roof.Are they attracted to something in the Dodo juice ? if not they must be sky diving onto my car roof because they are stuck fast ,there are none on my green touran parked next to the golf. :undecided:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 04 June 2010, 17:50 »
This isnt the first time I've read about people using a product and some kind of insect or other being attracted to it, I dont know if its bad luck or if insects realy are attracted by some of the products we use  :undecided:

I'm using normal Purple haze atm and I was planning to replace it with Colli 476 but after seeing those pics I'm very very tempted by the PH pro, cracking finish on a cracking car  :cool:

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
« Reply #39 on: 04 June 2010, 22:04 »
This isnt the first time I've read about people using a product and some kind of insect or other being attracted to it, I dont know if its bad luck or if insects realy are attracted by some of the products we use  :undecided:

I'm using normal Purple haze atm and I was planning to replace it with Colli 476 but after seeing those pics I'm very very tempted by the PH pro, cracking finish on a cracking car  :cool:

do it mate you wont regret it!!! i layered mine yesterday with BV pro then PH pro on top and its extremely glossy, ive used my PH pro panel pot 4 times now and theres easily another 4 layers left it, ive just got a large pot of a guy on DW so im happy as larry.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!