Author Topic: To Mod or not to Mod....  (Read 16693 times)

Offline PVsilvergrey

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 22
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #50 on: 15 March 2010, 15:25 »
I could be talking complete rubbish, but didn't the yellow/blue interior fabric come in the 16v and the red/grey in the 8v?

When I was looking I saw other 8v big bumpers with this fabric.
Wasn't it the rainbow fabric that was limited to 16v and 8v run outs?

Paul

Offline PVsilvergrey

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 22
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #51 on: 15 March 2010, 15:26 »


Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #52 on: 15 March 2010, 15:27 »
Looks tidy :afro:

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Well, how much do you think I paid?
Clue - it wasn't a bargain, but neither was it specialist Golf mk2 dealer either.  I bought it privately.

I'm not too bothered, I just kinda hoped you'd come back and say something like £800! I'd guess around £2k, couple of hundred either side maybe? :undecided:

Offline PVsilvergrey

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 22
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #53 on: 15 March 2010, 15:30 »
£2.5k.

I know it's a lot for a 5 door 8v before anyone goes  :shocked: , but then again I think it was worth based on the looking I'd done...

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #54 on: 15 March 2010, 15:35 »
I'm at home ill with nothing to do :lipsrsealed:

X2B = National sales program Great Britain
C2A = Steel wheels 7.50 x 20 (10-hole)
G0C = 5-speed manual transmission
H0G = Tires 185/60 R14 H
J0C = Battery 220 A (45 Ah)
K8G = Hatchback
L0R = Right-hand drive vehicle
M3X = 4-cylinder gasoline engine 1.8 L/82 kW DIGIFANT base engine is T3E
U0L = Instrument insert with tachometer clock and mph speedometer
V0G = MICHELIN tires
0A2 = 4 doors
0NH = Nameplate set "GTI"
1AF = Power brake
1C1 = Antifreeze up to -25 degree celsius tolerance up to -30 degree C
1G6 = Space-saving spare wheel
1H1 = Load-sensitive proportioning valve
1ME = Steering wheel
2JE = Partially painted bumpers
3AU = Right exterior mirror: aspherical, adjustable from inside
3BD = Left exterior mirror: adjustable from inside, convex
3D1 = Center console
Q1D = Sports front seats
3C2 = Lap belt, center rear, with US label
3UL = 2 sports seats
3YB = Door pockets, front
8D4 = 4 speakers (passive)

Offline Mew

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,589
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #55 on: 15 March 2010, 15:40 »
I could be talking complete rubbish, but didn't the yellow/blue interior fabric come in the 16v and the red/grey in the 8v?

When I was looking I saw other 8v big bumpers with this fabric.


Paul

Can't argue with that then! Each one i've noticed has been a 16v, which could of course just be a coincidence

Offline PVsilvergrey

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 22
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #56 on: 15 March 2010, 15:53 »
Thanks for the boot sticker codes translation!


Offline Wayne

  • Sir Postalot
  • *
  • Posts: 32,051
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #57 on: 15 March 2010, 16:15 »
Very nice, clean and straight car but those badges are daft to be honest.

Offline PVsilvergrey

  • Not said much yet
  • **
  • Posts: 22
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #58 on: 15 March 2010, 18:16 »
I might take them off, but anyway I just thought it was quite an interesting story, which I believe.   
I'll probably need to get a new glove compartment lid I guess as it might have discoloured over time from the glue?? (where as the grille one would pop off and the rear one will come off with a hair dryer and some dental floss). 
No rush I guess - it's been looking daft for over 20 years!!  :smiley:

Paul

Offline Horney

  • 10k hero
  • *
  • Posts: 10,782
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
Re: To Mod or not to Mod....
« Reply #59 on: 15 March 2010, 18:36 »
That's really tidy and an unusual colour for a GTI.

nick