Author Topic: Adaptive suspension-views please  (Read 9213 times)

Offline lowdown

• GTI forum regular
Adaptive suspension-views please
« on: 04 February 2010, 20:06 »
I was considering getting this.  What's it like?

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
Re: Adaptive suspension-views please
« Reply #1 on: 04 February 2010, 20:13 »
Tried using search? This has been covered at length...
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline lowdown

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 04 February 2010, 20:25 »
I didn't find anything conclusive.  So I better find a demo model to test before I buy.

Offline gossa

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 04 February 2010, 20:35 »
I was just thinking about ACC today as I was driving along in my MK6, thinking about when I had it in my Scirocco and hardly used it.  It works but really, who needs it? The regular set up of the MK6 feels perfect to me on 18".

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #4 on: 04 February 2010, 20:40 »
Yeah , plenty of earlier info on this.

My opinion, brilliant - the only true 'must have' option.

And of course.... yes,  you must test before you buy. Stupid not to.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2010, 20:44 by GolfTi »
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline lowdown

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2010, 20:55 »
Thanks for the help.  One final question, just splitting hairs, does it differ from the Audi magnetic system?  the VW tech page implies it's a wholly pneumatic system, yet the MkVI review posted in the sticky section mentions it's magnetic. :nerd:

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2010, 21:00 »
I didn't find anything conclusive.  So I better find a demo model to test before I buy.

Bingo!   :cool:

ACC is marginal at best.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2010, 21:06 »
I test drove the Golf R last night on 19's and found the ride to be great without ACC.

I'm hoping the ACC will give me a bit of a softer ride on the pot hole roads, and firmer when I want to hammer it.  I guess without ACC its set up the same as the ACC's middle setting?

Probably a total waste of £800 (or whatever it costs?!), but I feel if I don't have it I'll regret it.  Its certainly not going to be retrofitable.
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 04 February 2010, 21:10 »
I test drove the Golf R last night on 19's and found the ride to be great without ACC.

I'm hoping the ACC will give me a bit of a softer ride on the pot hole roads, and firmer when I want to hammer it.  I guess without ACC its set up the same as the ACC's middle setting?Probably a total waste of £800 (or whatever it costs?!), but I feel if I don't have it I'll regret it.  Its certainly not going to be retrofitable.

ACC's middle setting 'normal' is constantly active so not at all like no ACC.
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #9 on: 04 February 2010, 21:15 »
I find it difficult to believe people can't tell the difference between the modes, the difference is quite large and passengers can tell with their eyes closed (even 9 yr olds).

It's a real mood thing. Comfort on a rainy Monday morning to work avoiding the potholes, Normal/Sport on a weekend blast.

There is a big difference from my mk5 which had no AAC.  Also in case you didn't know it is adaptive and so is constantly changing to suit conditions/driving.

Magnetic or pneumatic - not sure. I was under the impression it was a electronic/magnetic system, could be wrong.
« Last Edit: 04 February 2010, 21:32 by GolfTi »
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.