Author Topic: AUGUST orders list & thread.  (Read 112095 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Re: AUGUST orders list & thread.
« Reply #290 on: 25 January 2010, 17:38 »
Bet you're made up well done.

Great car you're gonna love it.

All the best

Gizzy

Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #291 on: 25 January 2010, 19:55 »
Its a 1.4 with 68bhp....its gonna work hard!!!!

Heh - I just checked the spec on the 1.4FSI "boat" that I'm driving.  Its 80PS - Whats that in BHP?

Congrats to everyone getting the confirmed builds (including me) - I bet all our Golfs will be shipped over on the same boat.  Can we get a golfgtiforum.co.uk banner down the side of the car transporter?

:D

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline percymon

• Here all the time
« Reply #292 on: 25 January 2010, 20:19 »
just been given a Fiesta Zetec TDCI until the 28th February free of charge....impressed with the Fiesta for what it is....

At £15k  :huh: :huh: without any extras and with only 68bhp i'd hope its impressive somewhere to justify the asking price.  Ford marketting men must be from another planet  :grin:

Offline JJH

• Here all the time
« Reply #293 on: 25 January 2010, 20:35 »
just been given a Fiesta Zetec TDCI until the 28th February free of charge....impressed with the Fiesta for what it is....

At £15k  :huh: :huh: without any extras and with only 68bhp i'd hope its impressive somewhere to justify the asking price.  Ford marketting men must be from another planet  :grin:

Its the steering that is so impressive, its the best selling car in the world at the moment.....I think I'm going to like it, I have it for about two months so I suppose I should try and like it...

80ps=79bhp BTW
GTD White 5dr, ACC, Sunroof, winter pack, in transit.......

Offline H12

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #294 on: 26 January 2010, 19:23 »
Gave my dealer a ring today. He said my car is confirmed to be built the 2nd week of Feb and is locked in. He expects it to be ready the first week in March- we'll see but that'll be a result if he's right as it should be just before the MOT is due on my current car..

He told me it was week 7 (and said he confirmed it on his system) but, and I may be wrong here, I thought the 2nd week of Feb was week 6?

He said the hire cars people are being given are not the same standard as my part ex car so basically told me he wasn't going to look into it. From what others have said with the hire cars, I'm not that upset about keeping mine for a bit longer as he said there'll be no nasty suprises with lower trade in values.

I asked about free RTI/ GAP finance insurance as compensation and he reckons VW will contribute something towards it but this should be confirmed on Thursday hopefully.

All in all, a pretty good phone call so hopefully my car will be on the same boat as the other August orders  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #295 on: 26 January 2010, 20:17 »
If any of you are getting excited about your imminent delivery you should get yourself over to Wolfsburg for the factory tour.

Awesome.

You may even see your baby being built.  :smiley:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline JellyCat

• Here all the time
« Reply #296 on: 26 January 2010, 21:01 »
 Spooner Aug 7th - Now BW07

Spooner, you're a saint hanging in there for so long! I'd have been spitting fire by now!
So I take it when the build week is confirmed then that's it the car is yours

Offline daviescotland

• Here all the time
« Reply #297 on: 26 January 2010, 23:25 »
If any of you are getting excited about your imminent delivery you should get yourself over to Wolfsburg for the factory tour.

Awesome.

You may even see your baby being built.  :smiley:

Definitely agree. The car towers are impressive too. Got some pictures somewhere that i can bore you all with at some point  :smiley:
MK6 GTI, 3 door, candy white, 18" monza shadow, Xenons, RCD 510 w "dynaudio", sunroof, rear view camera, cruise control & free servicing.
Ordered 28/10/2009. BW07 confirmed. production complete 10/02/2010. Arrived at dealers 17/02/2010. Driving on a 10 plate 01/03/2010.

Offline Spooner

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #298 on: 27 January 2010, 09:50 »
He told me it was week 7 (and said he confirmed it on his system) but, and I may be wrong here, I thought the 2nd week of Feb was week 6?

He said the hire cars people are being given are not the same standard as my part ex car so basically told me he wasn't going to look into it. From what others have said with the hire cars, I'm not that upset about keeping mine for a bit longer as he said there'll be no nasty suprises with lower trade in values.

Week07 is week beginning 15th Feb, Week 06 is w/b 8th Feb.

That's totally sucky about the courtesy car mate, your dealer is feeding you a load of carp.  I got a courtesy car, and I p/exd my old Mk4 GTI!

Oh well, not long to wait I suppose.

Spooner Aug 7th - Now BW07

Spooner, you're a saint hanging in there for so long! I'd have been spitting fire by now!
So I take it when the build week is confirmed then that's it the car is yours

Well I kind of made my mind up to wait anyway, I always knew that it would get here eventually.  Getting irate and upset with the sales bloke wouldnt help anyone.  It's not his fault that VW have delayed production.  As a result of being an agreeable customer and sympathetic to the delays, I feel i've had nothing but top notch service from Caffyns.

Mk6, 3dr, DSG, DBP.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #299 on: 27 January 2010, 11:28 »
Gave my dealer a ring today. He said my car is confirmed to be built the 2nd week of Feb and is locked in. He expects it to be ready the first week in March- we'll see but that'll be a result if he's right as it should be just before the MOT is due on my current car..

I asked about free RTI/ GAP finance insurance as compensation and he reckons VW will contribute something towards it but this should be confirmed on Thursday hopefully.

All in all, a pretty good phone call so hopefully my car will be on the same boat as the other August orders  :smiley: :smiley:
I thought it was too looking in my book week 5 is 1st feb on, week 6 is 8th feb on.

I do find it odd my letter from VW says mine is week 6 but for me to not expect delivery until the 2nd or 3rd week of march.(from head of the branch support team@VWcs)  :undecided: I suppose i better get onto them numties at the dealer at some point and tell them what VW has said to me and to NOT register mine in feb if they do get it in time for some reason.

Congrats to all who have now been confirmed, sorry for the late update to the table on page one ive had an eye infection this past week so could not see it!
« Last Edit: 27 January 2010, 11:35 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.