GolfGTI
Forum Charity
Merchandise Shop
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
General
»
The garage
»
could someone answer this question????
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Author
Topic: could someone answer this question???? (Read 1300 times)
Mrpug
GTI forum regular
Posts: 160
could someone answer this question????
«
on:
29 October 2009, 01:33 »
i'm getting ready to pull the engine and trasmission out of my A2 16v 1.8 5 spd trans. This is my question. Can the transmission be removed with the engine at the same time as one unit. i've asked this question before, but with no response. i've never pulled a engine out of a fwd. I don't understand howcome someone hasn't answered. this is the third time, i've asked this same question three different ways.... my car has been parked in my drive for about six months after being towed to my home. I can't afford a mechanic anymore for services after getting ripped off from the same mechanic twice for a total of about close to 3 grand.and there's nothing I can do about it. and I can't afford the tow fees any more So could someone help me out here? i'm getting abit desperate
Logged
Paul86S2
I live here
Posts: 1,376
Re: could someone answer this question????
«
Reply #1 on:
29 October 2009, 11:23 »
Yes the engine will come out with the gearbox attached.
Paul
Logged
Diamond Hell
Serious forum addict
Posts: 7,992
Opinions я Us
Re: could someone answer this question????
«
Reply #2 on:
29 October 2009, 14:06 »
Just unbolt the driveshafts, exhaust, gear linkages, cables and other sundry tat and pull the engine and gearbox out as a complete unit.
It really is a pretty simple operation.
You're not American by any chance are you?
Logged
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.
Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.
Mrpug
GTI forum regular
Posts: 160
Re: could someone answer this question????
«
Reply #3 on:
02 November 2009, 01:18 »
You 2 guys, thank you so much for answering
I can now proceed. Cheers
Logged
Print
Pages: [
1
]
« previous
next »
GolfGTIforum.co.uk
»
General
»
The garage
»
could someone answer this question????