Author Topic: Dodo Juice Supernatural - Wood  (Read 8767 times)

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Dodo Juice Supernatural - Wood
« on: 21 October 2009, 21:43 »
Was thinking of picking this up, but of course its slightly pricey but I suppose you get what you pay for.

My question....

It's a 250ml tub, how many applications would you get out of it roughly ?

Also, anyone used it that can give me some feedback ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Dan J

• I live here
  • Pro Valeting and correcting paint since 95
Re: Dodo Juice Supernatural - Wood
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2009, 10:20 »
supernatural is awesome wax, money well spent if you've got that sort of cash:)  you will proberly get 20/30 applications or more depending on how you apply it as with all dodo products a little goes along way.
I EAT CARNAUBA FLAKES FOR BREAKFAST!!!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 October 2009, 10:59 »
supernatural is awesome wax, money well spent if you've got that sort of cash:)  you will proberly get 20/30 applications or more depending on how you apply it as with all dodo products a little goes along way.

Thanks Dan.

That tub would easily last over a year then ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 22 October 2009, 11:04 »

Thanks Dan.

And then some!!!

only need to wax the car approx 4-6 times a year.  Most waxes last around 6-8 weeks, more depending on their durability (Collinite 915 on mine lasts for about 3 months before needing a fresh application!)

Don't wax your car every week as after about 3 coats you only end up removing what you put on the previous week.  A quick going over with some speed detailer such as Megs Last Touch will be enough to bring back the shine

If I had the cash I'd be tempted to try some  :smiley:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 October 2009, 11:22 »

Thanks Dan.

And then some!!!

only need to wax the car approx 4-6 times a year.  Most waxes last around 6-8 weeks, more depending on their durability (Collinite 915 on mine lasts for about 3 months before needing a fresh application!)

Don't wax your car every week as after about 3 coats you only end up removing what you put on the previous week.  A quick going over with some speed detailer such as Megs Last Touch will be enough to bring back the shine

Nice one Rhyso, didnt realise you could bring back the shine using that stuff.

Once/If I get the supernatural, I dont mind sending you enough for a couple of coats to try.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #5 on: 22 October 2009, 11:25 »

Thanks Dan.

And then some!!!

Once/If I get the supernatural, I dont mind sending you enough for a couple of coats to try.

That would be very kind of you  :smiley:

Offline waxamomo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 October 2009, 13:03 »
Now that is a kind offer  :smiley:

You don't have to go for the Wooden pot, you can get the SN cheaper here:

http://www.waxamomo.co.uk/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=181&idcategory=9

The wooden pot is just that little bit more special though.

Chris

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 22 October 2009, 13:14 »

Thanks Dan.

And then some!!!

That would be very kind of you  :smiley:

you can get panel pots which save the hassle of sending stuff etc... allows you to try it.. enough to do a couple of applications

tbh I wasn't that impressed when I tried supernatural... I much prefer using chemical guys 50/50

remember that at the end of the day the wax is your sacrificial layer and it is the work that has gone before it that truly gives you the shine

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 October 2009, 00:41 »
I've used Collinite and Lusso Oro and IMO both gave a better wet look finish on a black car than supernatural.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 October 2009, 10:44 »
Thats 2 of you guys not that impressed with supernatural ? Why is it costing so much ? I thought with this kind of stuff you generally get what you pay for.