Author Topic: Calling August orders  (Read 61398 times)

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
Calling August orders
« on: 24 September 2009, 08:58 »
I ordered my car back on Aug 12th, and still haven't been allocated a build week. Dealer claims I'll still get my car by the promised late nov/early dec. Has anyone else who ordered around then been given a date yet?

Many thanks.........
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)

Offline mb26

• Not said much yet
Re: Calling August orders
« Reply #1 on: 24 September 2009, 09:15 »
I ordered mine on Aug 27th and have been given a build week of 40 (next week). I'm hoping to pick the car up mid to late Oct.

Which dealer are you using and what options are you having?
« Last Edit: 24 September 2009, 09:33 by mb26 »

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #2 on: 24 September 2009, 09:25 »
I ordered my car back on Aug 12th, and still haven't been allocated a build week. Dealer claims I'll still get my car by the promised late nov/early dec. Has anyone else who ordered around then been given a date yet?

Many thanks.........

We worked out the average time to wait in previous threads, its around 4 week from order till you get a build week. Thats roughly 6 weeks for you so far. Thats a pretty long time to wait.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline LIVERLEGEND

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 24 September 2009, 10:33 »
I ordered mid August and I've got build week 48  :sad:
They said I would probably get it in December....

Offline mb26

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 September 2009, 10:43 »
What spec have you gone for?

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 24 September 2009, 10:56 »
Admittedly I've gone for a few options (ACC, sunroof) but I was assured by the dealer that there were no issues with these (although I'm a cynic by nature :wink:). A few more replies with confirmed build dates & I'll be showing this thread to the broker I went through!

Cheers so far guys.
Cancelled Order

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #6 on: 24 September 2009, 11:00 »
Admittedly I've gone for a few options (ACC, sunroof) but I was assured by the dealer that there were no issues with these (although I'm a cynic by nature :wink:). A few more replies with confirmed build dates & I'll be showing this thread to the broker I went through!

Cheers so far guys.

Shouldnt need a few more replies, I just said that in previous threads its been discussed already. Try running a search for them.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 24 September 2009, 11:29 »
I know, but that discussion was a while back, and the game changed a bit when VW announced a sept price hike & people started to realise vat was going up soon as well. All I'm trying to establish is whether VW are swamped or simply that I have a issue with my dealer.
Cancelled Order

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 24 September 2009, 11:45 »
All I'm trying to establish is whether VW are swamped or simply that I have a issue with my dealer.

when i picked my car up earlier this month, after waiting 17.5 weeks for it, my dealer said good job you didn't order now as the wait would be even longer because of high order volumes etc etc.  so you may be waiting longer than others.  keep hassling your dealer though, he will get sick of it and will try to push the order through quicker.  :laugh:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline LIVERLEGEND

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 24 September 2009, 11:49 »
3 door manual, 18" shadow wheels and the dyno audio.

Ordered a c250 cdi sport the same day and get it a week today, if only I got the golf too  :drool: