Author Topic: cat d query  (Read 1283 times)

Offline andybod

• GTI forum regular
cat d query
« on: 06 September 2009, 20:28 »
thinking about looking at mk mk4 gti turbo which has been modified running approx 275 bhp mods are roughly big turbo ,front mount intercooler exhaust /ind ,mapped etc been lowered approx 40mm tt 312mm front brakes vented and grooved disc ,r32 bumpers and wheels ,stripped interior and show cage (still has original interior that could be refitted) only problem it was previously stolen recovered cat d anyone had dealing with insuring a cat d with modifications i'm 36 with full no claims  no convictions etc does any one think it'll be  a problem

Offline jase16gti

• GTI forum regular
Re: cat d query
« Reply #1 on: 06 September 2009, 23:46 »
nah dont think cat D will be a problem, i used to have Q plate 220 gsi n could only get 3rd party or fc insurance, (it was brought no ID and was led to believe i could get age related plates for)also cat C rover tomacat with no issues on insurance

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #2 on: 07 September 2009, 17:57 »
It may not necessarily be a problem but your FIRST port of call will be your insurers as each has different ways of looking at this with their own underwriting criteria. If you don't tell your insurer it's a Cat D and they find out, this is non-disclosure and they have every right to cancel your insurance. You will then find it VERY difficult to get cover.  :smiley:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 15 September 2009, 12:36 »
Also worth bearing in mind they will value it lower.