Author Topic: I have my VIN and '59 reg number  (Read 1960 times)

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
I have my VIN and '59 reg number
« on: 26 August 2009, 21:01 »
I have been away for a week and a bit and while I was away I received a letter from my dealer for me to sign so they can register my car.  It shows the new cars reg number and the VIN number.  If they have the VIN number does this mean my car has been made, I was told I had a build week of 34. 
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
Re: I have my VIN and '59 reg number
« Reply #1 on: 26 August 2009, 21:08 »
Sounds like its here.

Phone your your dealer and have a look. Pics please.  (Extreme jealousy)  :drool: :drool:
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 26 August 2009, 21:23 »
My dealer hasn't been the greatest at letting me know whats been going on after I signed on the dotted line, but I am going to pop in after work tomorrow
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 26 August 2009, 21:32 »
I have been away for a week and a bit and while I was away I received a letter from my dealer for me to sign so they can register my car.  It shows the new cars reg number and the VIN number.  If they have the VIN number does this mean my car has been made, I was told I had a build week of 34. 

mine was build week 34 and is being delivered to the dealer this week so its a good bet yours will be too (if not all ready!)
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 27 August 2009, 18:44 »
I went to see the dealer today and he gave me the good news that my car had arrived.  Only trouble was it was getting valeted somewhere else. 

It will be back in the morning at 9am so I am going to go and have a look then.  Tuesday morning I am going to pick it up.  This maybe the longest bank holiday weekend ever

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 27 August 2009, 21:48 »
i want mine on tuesday too  :angry:

this w'end will go so sloooooooooowly for you!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline VWmaindealer

• GTI forum regular
  • What do you think it's worth?
« Reply #6 on: 29 August 2009, 09:18 »
If the dealer has asked you to sign CRDs (Confirmation of Registration Details), which it sounds like you did, then the car is in the country. These documents can't be produced until the car has landed in the UK. It may not neccesarily be at the dealer but it is very likely. The official guidelines suggest that we are not allowed to process registration until the car is physically with us (in case it falls off a transporter en route - I worked for BMW back in the 90's when a full transporter somehow reversed off the dock drowning 10 brand new cars......).

So good news, your car is here.... :laugh:
What's your best price for cash?

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 29 August 2009, 11:44 »
I went to the dealer yesterday to have a quick look at the car.  I'm impressed with the look of it in red and very happy with the choice.  To be honest there are several colours I would have been happy with.  As I was looking at mine there was a black mk1 in mint condition there and a mk2. 

Only 3 days to go