Author Topic: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)  (Read 10572 times)

Offline MrTurner

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 510
  • Facelift leon cupra
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #10 on: 26 August 2009, 12:40 »
Boggo standard mate.  Quotes are around 212, but lets see what can be done.

Power to weight wise, the quoted torque and bhp will be very close to a Meg 225.  That put out 229bhp and 222 torques, but is a touch (about 60kg) heavier.  Acceleration should feel similar, which is all I'm going for.

To make it 'feel' like a Meg 225, I'd need a lot of investment in brakes and chassis, but I don't want to do that.  The Leon has the perfect balance between firm for hard driving and soft for cruising.  The Meg was just a touch too stiff for me, but brutally quick in the twisties!  I never had that mapped though.  At £500, I just didn't see it as a good investment when it was so quick out of the box.  Should be an interesting comparison, I'll let you know in a few hours  :cool:

Offline ABOO

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 664
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #11 on: 26 August 2009, 13:04 »
Look forward to seeing how you've got on Mr T.

Enjoy :wink:
2001 aum 1.8T

Offline jase16gti

  • GTI forum regular
  • ***
  • Posts: 224
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #12 on: 26 August 2009, 16:52 »
howed it do mr turner??

Offline RTechUK

  • Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,379
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #13 on: 26 August 2009, 20:32 »
howed it do mr turner??



Stock the car made 183bhp/175lbft which is spot on power, remapped car and made 185bhp/190lbft..lol a huge 3 bhp gain.. :grin:   thanks for your £200 off go then Mr.Turner thanks for your custom and enjoy your extra 2bhp 15lbft from the remap.....next customer please...lol

As you all know it did not end like this.....................

Pre remap boost pancake pipe boost leak found and fixed.  foc
Stock Power runs makes near on exact power at the flywheel 183bhp/175lbft. (Good start you say?)
Car mapped with spec1 remap and re-dynod only to make 185bhp/190lbft..Mmmm?  Time to get hands dirty again.
PCV pipe under the inlet was found to have a major split which was soon temp fixed with a bit of copper pipe, plus a Forge 007p with Pipercross filter was fitted as part of trial and error testing..

After a few more power runs and tests we mangaed to get a really good result with a very smooth graph, and I still think there another PCV pipe with a small spilt somewhere which is tapping a small amout of air off somewhere.

I am sure MR T will post the results up from his spec1 remap.

Nick



R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

 01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline topher

  • Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,557
  • fully functioning
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #14 on: 26 August 2009, 20:34 »
he now also has the shiniest throttle body in all the land! :grin:

Offline ABOO

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 664
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #15 on: 26 August 2009, 20:42 »
Come on Mr Turner where are you??
2001 aum 1.8T

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #16 on: 26 August 2009, 20:48 »
Come on Mr Turner where are you??

either enjoying the power or on the back of a recovery truck  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher

  • Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • *****
  • Posts: 9,557
  • fully functioning
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #17 on: 26 August 2009, 20:52 »
he only left an hour ago, probably hasn't got through the front door yet

Offline RTechUK

  • Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,379
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #18 on: 26 August 2009, 20:52 »
Come on Mr Turner where are you??

either enjoying the power or on the back of a recovery truck  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Trying to get traction me finks.. :rolleyes:

Nick



R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

 01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline MrTurner

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 510
  • Facelift leon cupra
Re: Booked in for remap tomorrow :-)
« Reply #19 on: 26 August 2009, 20:58 »
lol - I only got in 20 mins ago, man got to eat!

 :cool: WOW as expected.  In this weather, with sh!t tyres, traction is shocking.  I want new wheels and tyres at some point in the future, so will just play with the wheelspin until then (sorry Nick - I was in full control, I love playing  :smiley: ).  The extra dollop of torque now suits me perfectly.  You needed to be more in the right gear at the right time before.  4th good for over 120  :lipsrsealed:

The thing that impressed me most was the service while there.  I even got a cup of tea.  As Nick says, the car as standard was bang on.  Fault finding included with the price is something that'll make me return again and again when cars are bought and sold, as well as recommending highly to all!  I've some graphs and pics to put up in a bit..

Bad news is I now need a 007p, some pipes and better brakes..

Thanks again to Nick, Ben and Chris.