Author Topic: DAB in a Mk6 GTD  (Read 1960 times)

Offline GTDinWGC

• Just got here
DAB in a Mk6 GTD
« on: 24 August 2009, 10:29 »
Hello friendly Golf types, hope you can help me out with a question that seems to have flummoxed my dealer.

I'm about to take a GTD as a company car (fleet manager wants me to have diesel, so no GTI...), and I want to specify it with the DAB radio option.  From the literature, I gather this means that the MDI is deleted.  I can cope with this (I need Test Match Special on DAB!!), but I do still want to have somewhere to plug my iPod in.  If the MDI is deleted, does this mean the Aux-in socket is also deleted, or do I get to keep that?  My dealer doesn't seem to have a scoob.

I was going to have the DAB option on the standard RCD310 radio, if that's useful information in answering this question...

Look forward to some help, and to contributing to the community once I've had my car delivered.  Thanks in advance

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: DAB in a Mk6 GTD
« Reply #1 on: 24 August 2009, 11:50 »
I have the DAB on the RCD 510 with Dynaudio and it has got the Aux in socket and the MDI fitted although it said that they were not compatible but they seem to be and you are getting them both.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 24 August 2009, 17:09 »
VW have changed their configurations. You can now have DAB and MDI no problems together.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline GTDinWGC

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 24 August 2009, 20:43 »
Thanks for these responses - much appreciated.  The dealer has also got his act together, and come back with the following email to me, which absolutely confirms things:

"I have now been referred to an earlier bulletin which I han't seen that states that the DAB radio is now available with the MDI interface leads for I pods connection.  The cost is now £165.00 as it had previously been reduced as the leads weren't available"

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #4 on: 24 August 2009, 20:48 »
Thanks for these responses - much appreciated.  The dealer has also got his act together, and come back with the following email to me, which absolutely confirms things:

"I have now been referred to an earlier bulletin which I han't seen that states that the DAB radio is now available with the MDI interface leads for I pods connection.  The cost is now £165.00 as it had previously been reduced as the leads weren't available"

strange.  i was told that the DAB option is subsidised to £55 as a result of removing the MDI.  i.e. if you select DAB, they remove MDI and net incremental cost is £55.  If you want DAB and keep MDI, then its an extra £165.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline DonnieDarko

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 24 August 2009, 21:17 »
can you have dab, mdi & reversing camera? i may still have time to change
Just sold an S5 - previously mkV R32 DSG Metallic Grey with RNS 510 (thanks to MortyGT140)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 24 August 2009, 22:47 »
Try it on the VW configuration site.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline MDSS MK6

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 25 August 2009, 09:37 »
can you have dab, mdi & reversing camera? i may still have time to change

I was told no on that one, not enough connections round the back apparently........which I find absolutely baffling, as surely dab could be integral to the head unit. Anyone knows differently I'd love to know, as a devotee of TMS its a pain (although if anyone's interested you can find radio 4 lw somewhat bizarely on various mw frequencies around the country).
Cancelled Order
Mk5 R32 instead.....and change too:)