Author Topic: mk4 rear window deviders my have rusted how do i replace them  (Read 1688 times)

Offline GJSEB79

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,288
as above also where can i buy them from an is it a tricky job or not cheers gordon

Offline GOLF_STU

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,515
  • THE_GIT
have you got a pic of what ya mean?

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline GJSEB79

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,288
hi mate i havent no but if you imagine the rear door on a 5 door golf you have got the rear quater glass then a metal bar which is black and then the rear window its that bar that divides the two sections of glass i need to hopw to replace an where i may get some from cheers gordon

Offline GOLF_STU

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,515
  • THE_GIT
ahhhhh i get ya now :smiley: why dont you mask off the area rub em down and spray em?

fear is temporary, regret lasts forever...
V TEC KICKED IN Y'ALL!!!

Offline Rhyso

  • Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
  • *****
  • Posts: 26,687
i know what you mean - its a tiny triangle piece isn't it

have a look on vwvortex.com in the VW forums - there is a how-to guide kicking about there i believe

Offline johnson6672

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,866
ahhhhh i get ya now :smiley: why dont you mask off the area rub em down and spray em?

Thats what i was going to say, need to do mine at some point.
MK4 GTI T AGU, REVO Remap, BMC carbon box, Miltek cat back, Forge diverter valve, THS FR3 engine/Gbox mounts, Some random alloys, lowered on coilovers.
192bhp 212lbft torque.

Offline GJSEB79

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,288
yeh thats the bit the little triangle it just does my head once car polished an cleaned all i can see is this little rusty piece of metal my ownl worry with spraying them is i dont want to come back i thought i might replace them thats all cheers gordon

Offline G60GTI16V

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 934
  • GTI Mk1, 2, 3, 4 now VRS Hell Yea!
rub them thoroughly so no rust is left and use zinc primer buy a good one though ;) looking to pay around 15 quid a can though

Offline GJSEB79

  • I live here
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,288
cheers people going to give them a really good rub down an zinc prime then then paint see how they come out cheers for the advice gordon